Astell&Kern AK380
Dec 3, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #7,066 of 9,041

It´s a price I´m more than willing to pay for this kind of sound quality.....
wink.gif

Haiku:

I don't have any problem with the sound quality, but maybe at this price than can make it a little more convenient to operate.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #7,067 of 9,041

Haiku:

I don't have any problem with the sound quality, but maybe at this price than can make it a little more convenient to operate.

Understood, but when compared to the disaster others are experiencing with their Daps (just look at Fiio´s X7), I think the AK Amp issue is of rather minor importance.

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #7,068 of 9,041
And while they're at it, I want a setting that turns on the amp every time you turn on the 380.  Maybe it's just me, but turning on the amp from the pulldown menu each time is a pain.
I also like the sound of that feature as well. Plus when I was on firmware 1.23 the PRO EQ worked.The 1.40 it Dosent change any SQ on PRO EQ. The 1.23 firmware had more punch in bass and a wider soundstage that is for me others may not notice or may notice. Maybe for a Christmas gift we can get new firmware that sounds similar to 1.23 if possible, considering the price we pay for the 380.
Mile

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #7,069 of 9,041

Understood, but when compared to the disaster others are experiencing with their Daps (just look at Fiio´s X7), I think the AK Amp issue is of rather minor importance.

That's exactly why I said "a little more convenient."  I never said anything to suggest it was a major issue.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #7,073 of 9,041
Found some really nice looking AK380 + Amp cases at Dignis Design in Korea - only got the blue in stock at the moment but, hopefully, black and brown will be in soon. They did limited red and natural but they're discontinued. Has anyone got one and, if so, would you recommend?

www.dignisdesign.com

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #7,074 of 9,041
  Found some really nice looking AK380 + Amp cases at Dignis Design in Korea - only got the blue in stock at the moment but, hopefully, black and brown will be in soon. They did limited red and natural but they're discontinued. Has anyone got one and, if so, would you recommend?

www.dignisdesign.com

I got the black. Personally I don't think there is a better built / fitting / looking case than the Dignis but that's just me. Would I buy it again? In a heartbeat! Just wish it wasn't so darn expensive to begin with but I suppose one could argue what is the cost of a Dignis when you've already forked out so much for the AK380 combo...

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #7,075 of 9,041
I got the black. Personally I don't think there is a better built / fitting / looking case than the Dignis but that's just me. Would I buy it again? In a heartbeat! Just wish it wasn't so darn expensive to begin with but I suppose one could argue what is the cost of a Dignis when you've already forked out so much for the AK380 combo...

True, you need a Van nuys carrying case to carry it too! :)

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #7,079 of 9,041
[COLOR=111111]With talked with the company about the rear of the hull they are too expensive please, may be there are people who have broken the player and who are willing to sell for parts?[/COLOR]

Get u another amp :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back