Astell&Kern AK380
May 22, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #5,311 of 9,040
By the way, a few other tibits regarding the comments above. when I purchased my 240SS, the unit came with clear wrap all around the unit including covers for the screen and the carbon fiber. I was surprised with the CU, because it did not have that clear wrap over the metal part. Does everyone has the same packaging?

The copper version does not have clear stickers applied around the edges. It is probably part of the reason why my copper unit came scuffed! The stickers are more to protect the unit during assembly and packaging rather than for user benefit.

May 23, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #5,313 of 9,040
Does anyone know where I can order the AK cable PEF15. It's the Crystal cable with 2 RCA's to the 3.5mm stereo jack. No one has it listed on their sites

I think it is not something that's so common, so you may to just write to enquire and the store may have to do a special order for you. Of course this was created for the AK240 and now they have the dock for the AK380 and so stock may run low. Better ask soon.

May 23, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #5,314 of 9,040
Does anyone know where I can order the AK cable PEF15. It's the Crystal cable with 2 RCA's to the 3.5mm stereo jack. No one has it listed on their sites

If I remember right, that will run you about $400. There are many great cables that will do the same thing for a whole lot less. You can even get pure silver custom cables make for less than half that. There are no special requirements to use the 3.5mm stereo line out.

May 23, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #5,315 of 9,040
Mmm.....Egghead Audiohub here supplied my PEF 15. Am using it to connect RCA out Chord TT to Shure KSE 1500 amp. It is a pricey interconnect. Don't have any other use for it so it is kept in my storage bin. If you are desperate, contact them via Facebook.

May 23, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #5,316 of 9,040
Drew at Moon Audio will order you one.  I asked before.

May 24, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #5,317 of 9,040
here is my AK380cu & AK380cu plus Dignis Case. seems like the Dignis Case leaves black marks on the back of the AK380cu Amp and also the red leather diagonal material on the inside. will give all a good clean & polish.

May 24, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #5,319 of 9,040

Cleaned up very nice & shiney with this german polish(used by VW for over 30 years). the black smeared spot on the inner dignis case did not clean off. i used a damp cloth with a little bit of dawn dish liquid & with sparingly water but no success. i will leave it because i like the character. don't want to harm anything. i like the outcome. now i start a new fresh oxidation on my ak380cu. 
normal_smile .gif
   link to ebay for wenol:     http://www.ebay.com/itm/WENOL-Metal-Polish-100ml-tube-Brass-Silver-Copper-Gold-Stainless-Steel-Chrome-/351547364287?hash=item51d9db13bf:g:16cAAOSw5ZBWG7S-

May 24, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #5,320 of 9,040
Does anyone know what the back for the AK380 is made of? The front seems to be a kind of glass with oleophobic coating on it. But the back has no coating and I am not sure if it is even glass? I was thinking to put the rear protector on, but for the EU stock there is a clear sticker on the back that is probably a nightmare to get off that will stop the protector sitting properly.

May 24, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #5,321 of 9,040
Does anyone know what the back for the AK380 is made of? The front seems to be a kind of glass with oleophobic coating on it. But the back has no coating and I am not sure if it is even glass? I was thinking to put the rear protector on, but for the EU stock there is a clear sticker on the back that is probably a nightmare to get off that will stop the protector sitting properly.

No idea what its made of but the sticker at the back comes right off. Removed mine before applying the protector. Just be careful not to scratch the back wile removing it.

I actually opened my unit in an apple store and asked them to install the protector for me since theyre used to it. Perfect installation.

May 24, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #5,322 of 9,040
No idea what its made of but the sticker at the back comes right off. Removed mine before applying the protector. Just be careful not to scratch the back wile removing it.

I actually opened my unit in an apple store and asked them to install the protector for me since theyre used to it. Perfect installation.

Thanks. I am really bad with screen protectors, so if it was glass I probably wouldn't bother, as I keep it in a case. But if it's plastic, then just sliding it in and out of the case could scratch it.

May 24, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #5,323 of 9,040
Just to clarify on this, the download ability has actually been removed altogether. Qobuz even say on their website, that their app is no longer integrated.

A&K abandoned QOUBUZ a while ago, and A&K now promis to " soon" implément TIDAL on it's DAPs.

Only problem is that A&K promis " TIDAL soon " since almost 1 year ! :mad:

May 24, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #5,324 of 9,040
A&K abandoned QOUBUZ a while ago, and A&K now promis to " soon" implément TIDAL on it's DAPs.

Only problem is that A&K promis " TIDAL soon " since almost 1 year !
mad.gif

It is a lot easier to just assume it will never happen. This is not just a snarky comment. I think there are real challenges here. I don't think the stock Tidal app will work on AK because there is a Tidal specific encryption on downloaded songs which would rule out playback from the built-in AK player. AK UI has no launcher so where would the self contained Tidal app go? Tidal will have to see a business opportunity in the US before committing to supporting AK. I just don't see that happening given the relatively minuscule number of AK users in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back