Astell&Kern AK380
Mar 24, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #4,156 of 9,040
  mmm.....unit not mine. I screwed up the reply post. Mine has  shiny, coppery goodness look.

Currently enjoying listening to my music through one of the world's best DAP and one of the world's best headphones.

Oi Oi mind what you are saying LOL... 
bigsmile_face.gif

Don't temp me to revisit a nice shiny one....but admittedly, the 380Cu and Cu amp does look glorious in it's shiny suit!!

Congratulations to your weekly house keeping........

beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #4,158 of 9,040

Sorry to hear about your 380!

However, you have a great device in the Lotoo PAW Gold during this period. Very fine sounding Dap, indeed. One of my favorites in fact! 

Have thought about purchase on many occasions but still find it hard to get past the Versace button from the 80s........

You're right about the LPG - a great DAP!  Okay, so cut out a round piece of paper and put it over the gold dial.  Problem solved, and now you have a powerful, great sounding device that isn't visually distracting.

You're welcome. 
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #4,161 of 9,040
Hey guys, sorry for barging in. I have a few questions, if someone can answer them:

1. How does the AK380 compare to a Pico Slim - iPod Classic combo? If you can put it in numbers from 1 to 10 that would be great!

2. Also, is it worth getting the AK380 over the AK240?

Any input is highly appreciated!

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #4,162 of 9,040
  Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know that a leather shop is going to release soon a leather case for the AK380&amp combo.

Keep us posted.  I haven't been impressed with those I've seen so far.

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #4,164 of 9,040
  Hey guys, sorry for barging in. I have a few questions, if someone can answer them:

1. How does the AK380 compare to a Pico Slim - iPod Classic combo? If you can put it in numbers from 1 to 10 that would be great!

2. Also, is it worth getting the AK380 over the AK240?

Any input is highly appreciated!

mmmm.....for me, it was very much worth it. But I'm keeping my 240 still because it is far more portable than the 380 cu/cu amp. I've paired my Vorzuge Pure II + and the double stack is still very comfortable to carry. I have an IPod Classic as well (paired with the Theorem 720). I don't have the Pico Slim, so I have no opinion.

My rule of thumb: if you are going to scale up, scale up across the audio chain (not just the DAP/Amp) to get the most value.

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #4,165 of 9,040

Not even the Van Nuys? I have one coming.

Sorry cool, I can't comment on the Van Nuys as I haven't seen one in person, but based on what I've seen, there's no way I would trust my $4000 setup to a case that hangs off my belt with a velcro fastener.  Otherwise, though, it looks tough as nails!  Good luck, and please tell us what you think about it post some pics when you get it.

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #4,168 of 9,040

Cannot get enough of the Cu...

Two units open....and another 380Cu & Cu amp....

Just in case a shiny unit is required as per a previous post....

EDIT:

You know who you are @raypin ........
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #4,170 of 9,040

mmmm.....for me, it was very much worth it. But I'm keeping my 240 still because it is far more portable than the 380 cu/cu amp. I've paired my Vorzuge Pure II + and the double stack is still very comfortable to carry. I have an IPod Classic as well (paired with the Theorem 720). I don't have the Pico Slim, so I have no opinion.

My rule of thumb: if you are going to scale up, scale up across the audio chain (not just the DAP/Amp) to get the most value.

Thanks man, I appreciate that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back