Astell&Kern AK380
Mar 31, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #4,291 of 9,040
  mmm....There's an FAQ about ordering abroad and shipping abroad. Switched from Google Translate to Bing Translate. One snippet, as Bing-translated:  "this company does not ship internationally." (under user guide).

They actually got that written out in sensible English on their website:

"Currently, e☆earphone does not ship our goods abroad.
If you want,please use forwarding service agency. 
In that case, the payment method is limited to credit card payment.
The performance guarantee is domestically in Japan.
Some products can't be shipped abroad. 
Also,we won't accept any purchase for the purpose of the resale. 
We ask your kind understanding."

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #4,292 of 9,040

My only question would be has the partial short circuit done something else internally to the unit? 
It took around 50 hrs before the sound started to sort itself out and I left it for 100hrs as Vinnie suggested before putting some serious listening time on it.
Never had a stale sound out of the system even when there were only a few hours on the system.

Personally I am using the system with the RWAK380 Amp so haven't spent that much time with the 380s outputs.
Unfortunately I am IEM less at the moment so I can't spend some time comparing the RWAK380 out to the Amp out.
Soon as I have some I will post feedback for you but this may take some time. 

What is 'It took around 50 hrs before the sound started to sort itself out and I left it for 100hrs as Vinnie suggested before putting some serious listeing time on it'? 

Did your unit also suffered from a partial short circuit? Or are your referring to some sort of 50 - 100 hrs burn in advised by Vinnie? Vinnie told me no damage was done to the internal components, that everything appeared to be fine, and did not stipulate any burn-in or waiting period to me so I"m confused. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #4,293 of 9,040
  What is 'It took around 50 hrs before the sound started to sort itself out and I left it for 100hrs as Vinnie suggested before putting some serious listeing time on it'? 

Did your unit also suffered from a partial short circuit? Or are your referring to some sort of 50 - 100 hrs burn in advised by Vinnie? Vinnie told me no damage was done to the internal components, that everything appeared to be fine, and did not stipulate any burn-in or waiting period to me so I"m confused. 

No there were no short circuits on the unit I got back. 
There is quite a bit of cabling switched out in the RWAK380+RWAK380 AMP combo so the burn in time was recommended more for those modifications alongside the new capacitors that are installed in the units.

Have you pinged Vinnie about the sound you are hearing out of the RWAK380

Leave it running for a day with your preferred output and see how it sounds then, it's been a while since I had a fresh modded unit and at that point I had the Noble K10U but I do remember that the sound got better over time. 

I guess this is one of those points do you believe in burn in or not 
blink.gif

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #4,294 of 9,040
  mmm....There's an FAQ about ordering abroad and shipping abroad. Switched from Google Translate to Bing Translate. One snippet, as Bing-translated:  "this company does not ship internationally." (under user guide).

Thanks, raypin.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #4,296 of 9,040

Okay, thanks spkrs01.  Hopefully they'll end up on Amazon, or maybe I'll go the other way with Aesopica.

I have the two Dignis, one in each colour preordered for my 380 and amp, never knew it was limited edition.

Irrespective, the Aesopica looks lovely. The leather looks absolutely gorgeous and I love the bespoke service with regards to colour choices. I will probably buy one in Orange, my favorite and to match my pet project ..... 
ksc75smile.gif

Albeit, still deliberating in my mind as to whether to go ahead...bespoke individual service by Blacken, Germany 

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #4,298 of 9,040

I have the two Dignis, one in each colour preordered for my 380 and amp, never knew it was limited edition.

Irrespective, the Aesopica looks lovely. The leather looks absolutely gorgeous and I love the bespoke service with regards to colour choices. I will probably buy one in Orange, my favorite and to match my pet project ..... 
ksc75smile.gif

Albeit, still deliberating in my mind as to whether to go ahead...bespoke individual service by Blacken, Germany 

In a related note since you frequent London, you should check out The Bamford Watch Department.

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #4,299 of 9,040

Orange against black is very very nice. Go for it! How much will that cost if I may ask?

That said, I need to stop coming here!

Btw, Dignis' case will be available on their website for purchase and they do mail internationally. 

Off topic...sorry guys, just being polite 
biggrin.gif
!

My train of thought was crazy that day.........

I will start by stating, I dislike Rolex!!! However, I saw a Rubber B strap I liked at a shop. It was Orange and for Rolex. So I bought it along with a Black with an Orange flash through it. They are about US$250 a strap. Having no Rolex watch, I then went and bought one for US$8,000 to put on the strap. But it's really comfortable to wear, and great as a daily beater and no regards to having any care in the world for it, unlike when I wear my PPs and have to pay a little more attention regarding knocking it.

http://rubberb.com/en/rolex-watch-band-products

Now to Blacken, they Quote Euro 14,000, plus watch to be sent in, face will be changed, and all stainless steel elements blacken using DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) technology. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #4,300 of 9,040
Nice.  My dad just helped me took my Milgauss for service in Hong Kong.  I was debating whether to get a RubberB for it, but I think I will need to get a new clasp, as I don't really want to take the old one off the band.  Another reason I decided against it for now is that my Omega is the ENTZ edition, which has a very nice rubber band already, so they will end up looking a bit too similar.

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #4,301 of 9,040

Back to the 380 CU

Getting a nice dark tone build up on it especially after cooking it with hard boiled eggs last week 
redface.gif

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #4,302 of 9,040

Getting a nice dark tone build up on it especially after cooking it with hard boiled eggs last week 
redface.gif

Wait what?

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #4,303 of 9,040
mmm.....he's at it with chemistry. lol! Anyways, my younger-than-AK 380 cu amp lasted just one week before tarnishing (on the side) has become noticeable. I'm sorry to say this but the protective coating done by AK is a joke. Good thing I now look forward to my weekly polishing routine, to the tune of classical music. It is strangely a calming experience. I feel like a restorer of antiquity.

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #4,304 of 9,040
  Wait what?

wink_face.gif

OKOK...here's the recipe

You need two Tupaware containers. A large and small. The small is used as a platform inside the large where the unit will eventually rest to avoid contact with eggs.

Three to four eggs

A 380Cu & Cu amp

Instructions:-

Boil the eggs for ten minutes so they are hard boiled 

Whist the eggs are boiling, use alcohol to clean the AK pair to remove grease and dirt

Once the eggs are hard boiled and still hot, crush them up and put in Tupaware container. now put in smaller container

Place CU in face down on the platform created by the smaller container

Close lid

After about 10 minutes wipe condensation off unit otherwise will have water stains all over 

Leave for 3-4 hours but monitor and wipe excess condensation off unit

Unit should have darkened

Take out and wipe clean, then blow dry all sockets

Clean again with alcohol

Leave overnight to air dry

Blow dry sockets again

Sulphur released from the eggs helps accelerate tarnish on copper, and hence patina created

But I think I like it like this   
blink.gif
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #4,305 of 9,040
...rrr that's hard core.  I rather take mine with bacon and sausage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back