Astell & Kern AK Jr - $499/£399
May 20, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #136 of 162
You are right, GoodVibes.

BTW, I am going in the US, NYC, for a couple of days this summer and just looked if it was possible, cheaper to get AK Jr (or else) there.
So, B&H is in AK's dealer lister and they have  website.
Let us go back to the subject: on Monday AK Jr was in pre-porder and X3II out of stock. So, I couldn't validate my cart choosing "pick up at the store". Today, seeing your post, I tried again and the only item that is not in stock is the X3II. You can pick up a AK Jr at the shop.  
I can read "Ready for pickup 45 minutes after completing order." Hurry up, swannie :wink:

May 20, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #137 of 162
Just picked up from B&H here in New York the AK junior for my wife. I will keep my AK120ii for obvious reasons...Sales person told me they have only 2 in stock. I will make a review soon.

May 20, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #138 of 162
Very nice, and I wish the rest of us will get ours soon.

May 20, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #140 of 162
  Looked on the official US site and it says "in stock" but when I went to order one a couple of days ago, it would not process my order as it was only a pre-order process. I didn't know this at the time and sent them(A&K/iRiver) an e-mail to find out what was going on and got no response so I sent another e-mail, still no response  and then sent a third e-mail with no response to date! This really pisses me off! I have read about their legendary ****ty service and now I believe it. I found out about the pre-order situation on this forum and yet their site still says that they are "in stock"(just checked a few minutes ago). I concur that this seems/is very misleading and bad business practise and they have just lost a potential customer. I can, and will, spend my money elsewhere. Goodbye A&K!.

Proud of ya!

Been there - done that....

May 21, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #141 of 162
  Wow. Life's way to short for this much angst over needing to wait a week or 2 for a DAP. I'm guessing there hasn't yet been much genuine grief in some folk's existences. Some of this actually makes me giggle though I'm genuinely happy that some can be this oblivious to what's important. Hope your lives remained blessed.

I find your response gratuitous and insulting. You have no idea how much, if any, angst I have suffered in my life and to post such a condescending response is uncalled for.
I was merely pointing out a bad business practise and my decision not to accept it and reward them with my custom. Get off your high horse and think before you post.

May 21, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #142 of 162
  You are right, GoodVibes.

BTW, I am going in the US, NYC, for a couple of days this summer and just looked if it was possible, cheaper to get AK Jr (or else) there.
So, B&H is in AK's dealer lister and they have  website.
Let us go back to the subject: on Monday AK Jr was in pre-porder and X3II out of stock. So, I couldn't validate my cart choosing "pick up at the store". Today, seeing your post, I tried again and the only item that is not in stock is the X3II. You can pick up a AK Jr at the shop.  
I can read "Ready for pickup 45 minutes after completing order." Hurry up, swannie :wink:

Sorry mate, that ship has sailed. I would be concerned about after sales service should I encounter any problems. Cheers. 

May 21, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #143 of 162
Swannie, I don't think you emailed the right place, and like a lot of big companies that different departments between AK/iriver may not have good internal communication.  I can PM you my contacts if you like.

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #144 of 162
Does this have optical out through the headphone jack? I've scanned through this thread and a bit online, and I haven't found any info.

Jun 13, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #145 of 162
Swannie, I don't think you emailed the right place, and like a lot of big companies that different departments between AK/iriver may not have good internal communication.  I can PM you my contacts if you like.

Thanks for your kind offer but my enquiries have been answered by one of their agents in a timely fashion. I wish AKs customer service were as kind and responsive as the members of this forum. Cheers.

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #146 of 162
Does this have optical out through the headphone jack? I've scanned through this thread and a bit online, and I haven't found any info.

No optical out, analog only.

Jun 14, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #149 of 162
I've had one for about a 2wks now. So here's my impression(I have quite a lot of experience with DAPs, including AK240, DX90, DX50, X3, and ZX1). IMO, it's an upgrade over the AK100(which I used to have, RWAK100, actually) It's definitely a good move for AK to improve it's product line and lower the price. Is it worth the full price in terms of SQ? No. It's in between DX50 and DX90, or X3 and X5. TBH, but costs more than all of them. Though does it sound good? **** yeah. It has a fairly typical AK tuning(slightly warm), low noise(X3 and DX50 has some issues with noise), and decent power, especially for a device this size. However, the firmware is still bit laggy, and battery life isn't terribly attractive. I honestly bought it because I couldn't handle carrying a brick with me, and didn't have money to buy the ZX2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back