Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Dec 18, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #3,451 of 3,961
Recently updated to latest firmware. Often have album artwork issues, and always seem to clean that up with a somewhat lengthy “media scan”…just noticed the “initialize media scan” option under Settings/System Reset is “greyed out” and not available…can’t figure out what’s up.

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #3,452 of 3,961
Recently updated to latest firmware. Often have album artwork issues, and always seem to clean that up with a somewhat lengthy “media scan”…just noticed the “initialize media scan” option under Settings/System Reset is “greyed out” and not available…can’t figure out what’s up.
The player is doing a media scan in the background. Once complete thr option will be available again.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Dec 18, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #3,453 of 3,961
The player is doing a media scan in the background. Once complete thr option will be available again.
Thanks, @JasonNYC! Now, I think about it, I had just recently powered on the player! I was rushing things! The SP3000 is STILL such a great player. Thanks for always looking here and replying here, @JasonNYC, your kind of support is great!

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #3,454 of 3,961
Dont know what you mean with unnatural, really dont know, maybe we have diferent notions of what natural is
Oh sorry. I mean SP3000 sound more natural than SP2000
  • More fuller and micro detail( Detail can be reproduce with more depth of low level). Smoother micro detail but still good in transient impact.
  • SP2000 on other side tend to be more aggressive.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #3,455 of 3,961
@JasonNYC Any idea when sideloaded Tidal will be bit perfect? If it is actually bit perfect, when will the LED indicate correctly? Thanks!

Dec 19, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #3,456 of 3,961
I really don't see any reason for you to act like this. I merely expressed my opinion and you decide what you want to do with it. Actually, I didn't even do that spontaneously, but only because two headfiers asked me. I wasn't going to explain myself why I wanted to sell the SP3000. The fact that you are obviously so enthusiastic about the SP3000 is up to you. But let me tell you that the SP3000 is not the absolute endgame you want it to be. There will always be something better. That's a fact, that's the progress we're all so into. Now if you want to lie to yourself and believe that there won't be anything better, that's up to you. All I ask is that you show respect for what is written here in the forum.

I'm sorry, but I really have to speak out here: maybe it's due to a later firmware, but the UI is lightning fast - no lag, no shutter, nothing... everything runs smoothly and even the internet connection is more stable with Apple Music.

As an absolute lover of the soundstage, I also have to say that the M9+ is, on the contrary, deeper and wider. Again: maybe it's the firmware.

Otherwise, yes, micro details are better on the SP3000, but the M9+ has more air, so also better instrumental placement.

Gain is very helpful, as the sound becomes stronger. I don't know what your problem was here.

See above.

Despite all my criticism, I'm strongly leaning towards keeping the SP3000 and returning the M9+, just by the way...
I'm not keeping the M9+ now so cannot confirm, it is 2 month ago. I don't think the fw can changes that much, do you meet laggy at previous fw?
For UI, IMO Hiby create most responsive UX, UI. Please try it, you can feel the changes in sound also.

As I have said, because the latter source on chain, music type and how we percept music is different, so it is very hard to agree on each other opinion.

But, you can put aside our criticism and have decision on your own.

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #3,457 of 3,961
I got a crazy question, these days cars are no longer equipped with auxiliary inputs for audio instead we have usb c to plug in our phones. my question, is it possible to use an adapter 3.5mm or 2.5mm or 4.4mm to usb c, the aux cable being plugged in the SP3000 and the usb c plugged into the car this way to take advantage of the main AKM dacs?

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #3,458 of 3,961
Merry Christmas to everyone, together with the people you love and your favorite music
hinimation-studio-ulbabrab.gif

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #3,459 of 3,961
I got a crazy question, these days cars are no longer equipped with auxiliary inputs for audio instead we have usb c to plug in our phones. my question, is it possible to use an adapter 3.5mm or 2.5mm or 4.4mm to usb c, the aux cable being plugged in the SP3000 and the usb c plugged into the car this way to take advantage of the main AKM dacs?
I believe once you go through USB-C, you’re no longer using the DAC of the device but rather the DAC of the car.

Dec 26, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #3,460 of 3,961
Any Andromeda impressions after that 1 year old post?
Thx
Thanks for asking Foo, The Andromedas are quite good, however they are very light on bass which may suit some. They also have very short tubes and I tried many eartips without success getting a good seal, this reduces the bass further. A while back I got some ADV custom tip’s which work really well and do improve bass somewhat.
I also bought the A&K Odyssey iems and they have become my favourite iems, from the ones I have. The bass is much more prevalent than the Andromedas but not to the point where it becomes too much, imo of course others might not agree.

Dec 26, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #3,461 of 3,961
Thanks for asking Foo, The Andromedas are quite good, however they are very light on bass which may suit some. They also have very short tubes and I tried many eartips without success getting a good seal, this reduces the bass further. A while back I got some ADV custom tip’s which work really well and do improve bass somewhat.
I also bought the A&K Odyssey iems and they have become my favourite iems, from the ones I have. The bass is much more prevalent than the Andromedas but not to the point where it becomes too much, imo of course others might not agree.
Thx.
Your answer is coming now so late after my request that I have had and meanwhile sold all the gear you mentioned but I am a restless guy regarding gear 😉
Let's see how long my current setup will stay

Dec 27, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #3,463 of 3,961
Out of all the DAPS I owned, MY AK dap and Sony DAP never died on me. I'm seriously thinking of selling my other DAP and switch over to SP3000+Aura and kiss audio good bye until Hugo 4 comes out.
How would you describe the Aura?

Let's see if the next Hugo finally has 4.4 and usb-c 😂

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #3,464 of 3,961
Hallo guys.
I might be buying an sp3000 soon.

I would like to know from multiple totl dap users,

is it true and do you find that sp3000 is lacking authority and drive for some of your totl iems , when compared to other totl dap ( rs8 dx300/320max m9+ etc) ?

Or, what do you find/lacking if you had chance to compare ?

Thanks in advance for answers
Much appreciated

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #3,465 of 3,961
Hallo guys.
I might be buying an sp3000 soon.

I would like to know from multiple totl dap users,

is it true and do you find that sp3000 is lacking authority and drive for some of your totl iems , when compared to other totl dap ( rs8 dx300/320max m9+ etc) ?

Or, what do you find/lacking if you had chance to compare ?

Thanks in advance for answers
Much appreciated
Mine drives the ierz1r like a champ

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back