Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Jun 13, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #2,491 of 3,974
Oh, good point, I will try that. I think it arrives on Thursday and this will be the first thing I will try.

But, thinking back I’m very sure the problem also happened to me with the Apple cable, not just the A&K one. If It’s just the cable, easy solution, don’t use the cable anymore.

I’m also sure with the Apple cable it charged to 100 and stayed at 100 until disconnected and used. But I will try as you say.

Do you have the reboots also with your CA1000T or just the charging issue?
Yes, with a different cable it also stays at 100% for a very, very long time, then it gets less. Conversely, to check if the cable is really charging, use the SP3000 from say 50% and see if it charges. Not with me, only with the stock cable.

About the problems with the CA1000T: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-astell-kern-ca1000t-impressions-thread.967483/post-17476837

Jun 13, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #2,492 of 3,974
Will do. We will get this all sorted. Greetings over to Berlin! (will be there again next week for customer meetings...)

Jun 13, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #2,493 of 3,974
If anyone is looking for a sp3000 cu, I just added mine to the classifieds
IMG_3570.jpeg
IMG_3571.jpeg
IMG_3569.jpeg
IMG_3572.jpeg

Jun 13, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #2,494 of 3,974
If anyone is looking for a sp3000 cu, I just added mine to the classifiedsIMG_3570.jpegIMG_3571.jpegIMG_3569.jpegIMG_3572.jpeg
Why such a change of heart? I recall you were excited about owning the Cu edition.

Jun 13, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #2,495 of 3,974
Why such a change of heart? I recall you were excited about owning the Cu edition.
I got a LP6tiAE again :) Sp3k+Tsuranagi still < AE

Jun 13, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #2,496 of 3,974
Jun 14, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #2,497 of 3,974
Hello all,
Looking for a bit of help in deciding whether getting a SP3000 would be a good fit for me. I currently have a Astell & Kern A&Norma SR25 which I use (line out) with a Schiit Valhalla 2 and listen with my Sennheiser 800's on. When traveling I pair my SR 25 with a Fiio A5 and listen with my Shure se846's. I enjoy all types of music but really enjoy 60's music (age related reference).
So would it be worth it for me to get this SP3000? Could I even use it with my Valhalla? Am I a mid size car owner looking longingly at a new Cadillac? I am a complete noob here guys and would truly appreciate and advice and or help you can provide.
Thanks in advance!

Jun 14, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #2,499 of 3,974
Oh, good point, I will try that. I think it arrives on Thursday and this will be the first thing I will try.

But, thinking back I’m very sure the problem also happened to me with the Apple cable, not just the A&K one. If It’s just the cable, easy solution, don’t use the cable anymore.

I’m also sure with the Apple cable it charged to 100 and stayed at 100 until disconnected and used. But I will try as you say.

Do you have the reboots also with your CA1000T or just the charging issue?
So I don't want to cheer too early, but so far I don't have a freeze/reboot after setting the language to English and the timezone to New York. I am using Tidal 2.83.1 (https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=Tidal).

Is there any particular reason you thought I should try the language and timezone? What does that have to do with anything? I do have a newer Tidal version compared to before though, if that matters.

Of course I will update this again if I have again the problem.

Jun 14, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #2,500 of 3,974
So I don't want to cheer too early, but so far I don't have a freeze/reboot after setting the language to English and the timezone to New York. I am using Tidal 2.83.1 (https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=Tidal).

Is there any particular reason you thought I should try the language and timezone? What does that have to do with anything? I do have a newer Tidal version compared to before though, if that matters.

Of course I will update this again if I have again the problem.
No it was just a shot in the dark because @JasonNYC mentioned that only Euros seem to be affected by reboots. So I counted 1+1 and thought - maybe language/time zone settings that somehow interfere here (you never know...)

Jun 14, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #2,501 of 3,974
LO out on the sp3k is not that great
Why this statement? I use my SP3000 ( and also my new SE300 ) in LO with the A100TB and it works fantastic

Jun 14, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #2,502 of 3,974
No it was just a shot in the dark because @JasonNYC mentioned that only Euros seem to be affected by reboots. So I counted 1+1 and thought - maybe language/time zone settings that somehow interfere here (you never know...)
I don't know, but that would make no sense at all!? I would be interested to know if there is a difference in the firmware between the US and EU version. On the other hand, even the keyboard on the EU version is English only, so I think both devices are exactly the same.

Still no freeze/reboot so far.

Jun 14, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #2,503 of 3,974
Why this statement? I use my SP3000 ( and also my new SE300 ) in LO with the A100TB and it works fantastic
Maybe because he decided for another device and the statement is used as a personal confirmation?

I don't know, but that would make no sense at all!? I would be interested to know if there is a difference in the firmware between the US and EU version. On the other hand, even the keyboard on the EU version is English only, so I think both devices are exactly the same.

Still no freeze/reboot so far.
It probably wouldn't but you never know when it comes to software glitches. I've seen the strangest things.

My new SP3000cu arrived today and first things first I'm overwhelmed by the gorgeous looks. This thing is so beautiful!!

To me it looks in between of copper and gold. Reminds me of Krugerrand Gold Coins which contain a little bit of copper. The SS versions are stunning as well but for my personal preference this is even a little nicer.

I gave the device a hard time by doing many things at a time: Installing the streaming apps, downloading my playlists to Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify and reading the SD Card contents for the first time while charging. No problems at first. But as soon as it hit 100% charging status and I still downloaded Apple Music files it rebooted....

Then I tried to reproduce with another (fast) charger with PD, charged to 100% and streamed and downloaded -> worked fine without any reboot.

Maybe the type of charger has also to be taken into consideration?

I don't know nor do I care. I decided that it doesn't matter to me because charging while using/streaming is for me only a use case for the initial setup and I'm done with that already.

Moreover, when using while charging I have a kind of ground loop humming. But this stops as soon as I start playing a song. I had the exact same phenomenon with the SE300 btw. If you touch it and/or play a song, the humming stops immediately.

This is all fine to me as this is, looking at all important aspects for daily use, the perfect device for me. Although I wish it would be a little lighter but I can handle this.

Btw. now that I had the true comparison, the 3000 is so much faster and snappier than the 300, It's not even a contest really.

Another finding - the 3000 connects to my 5 ghz network with 433 MBit/s. While not perfect (my Mac connects with 1.9 Gbit/s) it is much better than the 300 which could only do 54Mbit/s. So my initial streaming services playlists downloads where 8x quicker with the 3000 which was a treat.

Happy to be back "home"...

Jun 14, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #2,504 of 3,974
I’m buying the sp3000 and I’d like to listen it with directly plugged cans, which one of these you suggest me?

Focal Utopia (22)
Meze Elite
Yamaha YH5000SE

Thanks for your help …

Jun 14, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #2,505 of 3,974
Maybe because he decided for another device and the statement is used as a personal confirmation?

It probably wouldn't but you never know when it comes to software glitches. I've seen the strangest things.

My new SP3000cu arrived today and first things first I'm overwhelmed by the gorgeous looks. This thing is so beautiful!!

To me it looks in between of copper and gold. Reminds me of Krugerrand Gold Coins which contain a little bit of copper. The SS versions are stunning as well but for my personal preference this is even a little nicer.

I gave the device a hard time by doing many things at a time: Installing the streaming apps, downloading my playlists to Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify and reading the SD Card contents for the first time while charging. No problems at first. But as soon as it hit 100% charging status and I still downloaded Apple Music files it rebooted....

Then I tried to reproduce with another (fast) charger with PD, charged to 100% and streamed and downloaded -> worked fine without any reboot.
I tried the power supply of Belkin 108w, Apple 5V and of the iPad and of course the pc connection.

Maybe the type of charger has also to be taken into consideration?

I don't know nor do I care. I decided that it doesn't matter to me because charging while using/streaming is for me only a use case for the initial setup and I'm done with that already.

Moreover, when using while charging I have a kind of ground loop humming. But this stops as soon as I start playing a song. I had the exact same phenomenon with the SE300 btw. If you touch it and/or play a song, the humming stops immediately.
Just saying: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-astell-kern-ca1000t-impressions-thread.967483/post-17475846 :deadhorse: and yes, of course I have the same problem also with the SP3000, I forgot to mention this.

Have you tried to change the language and timezone as you suggested me?

By the way, still no freeze/reboot since the language and timezone change, I'm using the SP3000 all the time.

Have you tried to install the newer version of Tidal and Apple Music? I have this installed and not the stock. I posted the link earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back