Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Dec 22, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #1,501 of 3,979
The AK SP3000 + Aroma Jewel combo (with PWA FT cable) is simply superb.
Listening to my favorite music ( Classic and Modern Rock , Hard Rock , Blues , Pop , Country , Alternative Indie ) I can always hear a perfectly coherent sound , super detailed , with great musicality and dynamics , in a simply hypnotic holographic soundstage .
Both studio and live songs are reproduced superbly .
I'm not a sound engineer, or one who can test or buy dozens of IEMs/DAPs a year.
I'm just a music fan, so I don't presume to teach anything to anyone in this community.
These are just my thoughts on these three fantastic (and expensive) audio masterpieces 😎

Dec 22, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #1,503 of 3,979
Wow nice…My Indigos are on their way back from repair (buds popped off pins on stock cable). Can’t wait to try them with the SP3000.
Stunning pairing!

Attachments

• D8AA584A-C609-4AA4-BC4F-D13444F9D315.jpeg
    D8AA584A-C609-4AA4-BC4F-D13444F9D315.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Dec 22, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #1,505 of 3,979
Still kinda bummed that songs are not collapsed into the albums they come from. If there is an artist that has like 12 albums, it takes forever to get down to the bottom of the albums by that artist, as each song is listed under each album. Having owned several A&K players, and those players listed albums w/o the songs listed until I opened the album up, it seems like something that should’ve been included in the original firmware.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #1,506 of 3,979
My only issue happens when I’m playing an album stored on my SD card. I can go to the folder from an individual song easily but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to go up a directory from the folder. I can click the left button to go back to the root directory of my card. There’s a nice visual indicator on the folders that guides me back to what I’m playing but it sure would be nice to have a “go up a folder” capability

Dec 22, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #1,507 of 3,979
Here’s something you guys might find interesting. I’m traveling right now and the only full sized headphones I have with me are my Focal Bathys. They have a built in DAC so instead I ran an analog 3.5mm wire to the SP3000. It sounds really amazing… only thing is I need to keep the volume at like 120 since I can’t use the balanced out

Dec 22, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #1,509 of 3,979
Dec 23, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #1,511 of 3,979
I understand AK has entered into the portable amp space but who is this for? https://www.hifipig.com/astellkern-pa10-headphone-amplifier/

I would hazard a guess.
People that buy one of the 3 dongle dacs AK now do.
Maybe a lower powered AK dap or dongle walking around and then into the amp at home?

Reading the product page AK speak about analog sound and class A.
Maybe this is to compete against the Cayin C9 on a lower price?
Maybe AK will make a bigger version with dual Nutubes and a dac with more inputs?

I use dongle dac/ amps when mobile . Smaller than a dap mostly and better UI from a phone.
Then I plug them into a Vorzuge Pure ii+ at home.

Will be interesting too try this new amp and see how warm and analog sounding it is?

Wonder if a dongle dac or Mojo 2 plus this amp would complete against hi end daps?

Dec 23, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #1,513 of 3,979
I'm loving my SP3000 w/ Roon (previously owned SP2000 and Hugo/2Go), to me it's a shame that other DAP makers haven't made Roon Ready a standard feature. That said, I'd love the ability to fully control Roon (not ARC) on the player itself. Has Astell&Kern and Roon considered making the Roon Remote app available so we get the full experience?

Roon Ready for bit perfect lossless and Roon Remote (on the player) to fully control that playback would be the complete package.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #1,514 of 3,979
I'm loving my SP3000 w/ Roon (previously owned SP2000 and Hugo/2Go), to me it's a shame that other DAP makers haven't made Roon Ready a standard feature. That said, I'd love the ability to fully control Roon (not ARC) on the player itself. Has Astell&Kern and Roon considered making the Roon Remote app available so we get the full experience?

Roon Ready for bit perfect lossless and Roon Remote (on the player) to fully control that playback would be the complete package.
Nice! I’m not waiting for the next iteration of Synology’s 8-bay NAS to use as a Roon Core

Dec 23, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #1,515 of 3,979
Sweet… can’t wait to hear Indigo + SP3000

I’m curious about the stock cable vs Eros. I have only stock cables right now and want to get a high end cable. But I have no idea what to get :)
My indigos sounds amazing on my Kann Max at medium gain, no EQ. They mate very well to my ears. My go - to IEM for pretty much everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back