Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Nov 18, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #1,082 of 4,126
She has arrived should be a fun weekend.

459136E0-61F9-4F5D-8C66-F382FF9B643E.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #1,083 of 4,126
I get this all the time, even with wifi on. I think it’s because the wifi on the SP3000 is fairly weak, in barely works unless Im in the same room as the router. I was having files disappear that were already downloaded and I think this could have been due to download errors , so I deleted everything, updated qobuz and started again. All good now, but I still get those messages, wifi on or not.
Me and another used from Germany we signaled the Qobuz issue to Qobuz support, they are investigating and wrote me promising to correct this in the next release of the app

Nov 18, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #1,084 of 4,126
She has arrived should be a fun weekend 459136E0-61F9-4F5D-8C66-F382FF9B643E.jpeg
I started testing and the first impression is a bit harsh, but after a while it begins to be fantastic...I also did some testing with an Abyss 1266 TC that plays reasonably well in direct connection, but if you put an amplifier in between is gorgeous...but is is even more gorgeous also with the Odyssey, without calling in the game sacred monsters of any sort

Attachments

• IMG_4163.jpg
    IMG_4163.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 0
Nov 18, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #1,086 of 4,126
If the option is greyed out, the player is currently doing a background scan. You will need to wait for it to finish before the option becomes available.
Hi Jason.
Abou my SP3000 shutdowns, it is possible that I was doing things while the unit was still performing an ‘Initialize media scan’ after loading my Sandisk card which contains almost 900Gb of files, as this takes long time to complete. The text screen (that was the Android boot as you explained) was due to my erratical touching of the side keys or while moving the unit out of the case I use when walking.
Today I did not had strange events, even if I did not had too much time to play, but I was using around 1-2 hours anyway.., will see what happens next, I hope the unit will pacify herself. If something happens again, I will reformat the unit and the Sandisk card. Meanwhile, I can say that it is a fantastic toy

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #1,088 of 4,126
Man I just got my SP3000 and it exceeds my expectations in every way. The device itself is gorgeous and I love the sleek UI. I agree that the DAR is quite astonishing. I’ve only used it for Tidal and Qobuz so far.

I’ve noticed that it doesn’t seem to be able to stream files from my PC over my LAN. I haven’t set up Roon yet because I’m waiting for the new 8-bay synology NAS.

The included case is a little ghetto. I ordered the leather one from bloom

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #1,089 of 4,126
My IEM of choice is the 64audio18T custom. This thing is amazing at pulling every bit of detail out of the music. I’m positive it will equally synergies with the 3000, as have all other top of the line AK players have before. ill post photos and impression over the weekend as time permits. Wifey has me shopping this weekend :frowning2:

Nov 18, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #1,090 of 4,126
Where will I find DAR in the player menu?

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #1,092 of 4,126
My IEM of choice is the 64audio18T custom. This thing is amazing at pulling every bit of detail out of the music. I’m positive it will equally synergies with the 3000, as have all other top of the line AK players have before. ill post photos and impression over the weekend as time permits. Wifey has me shopping this weekend :frowning2:
Can’t wait to hear what you think. I’ve been eyeing those up. Right now I’m rocking Vision EXT, Kublai Khan, UM Indigo, JH Lola, and Monarch Mk2

Man what an addictive hobby. A friend couldn’t believe that “I spent $2,600 for some earbuds”. People who’ve never heard good audio just can’t understand the experience.

Nov 19, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #1,093 of 4,126
Can’t wait to hear what you think. I’ve been eyeing those up. Right now I’m rocking Vision EXT, Kublai Khan, UM Indigo, JH Lola, and Monarch Mk2

Man what an addictive hobby. A friend couldn’t believe that “I spent $2,600 for some earbuds”. People who’ve never heard good audio just can’t understand the experience.
Lol, and thats not even an expensive set of iems. I know of guys who’ve spent that much on a cable. Yeah it’s addictive and can get very expensive very quickly, and of course twice the price doesn’t mean twice as good but probably at least a little better.
I’m definitely not saying $2600 aren’t great iems Mr Skywalker, just that that’s about middle of the road price-wise.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #1,094 of 4,126
I have the same pair of iems, custom fit, been using them since they released, love them in every way they sound perfect flat reference and no color, this way whatever you’re listening sounds just the way it came out of the studio master. And that was the purpose for the sp3000 with the separate rewriting of analog and digital to have zero noise so the music can be presented as flat as possible with no color. Going to can jam February 2023, I’ll try out the sp3000 there. But please do let me know how it sounds with the 18T when you get the player, thanks happy holidays!!

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #1,095 of 4,126
Just checking SP3000 with AK CD-ripper and it looks like there is a problem when it starts ripping automatically, it fails to start reading CD. Working perfectly when option to choose CD play or ripping is unchecked and I have to choose ripping. Did anyone notice this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back