Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Nov 6, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #3,166 of 3,989
You feel sound improvement with Lancelot cable ?
With Gandalf W, you get a double amount of everything, with Lancelot you get the same double but with all refinements: better clarity, more accurate notes position, better layering and separation.

Attachments

• IMG_4670.jpeg
    IMG_4670.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Nov 6, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #3,167 of 3,989
Upon reading the sp3000 copper being warmer os it due to materials pr different electronics used?

Just curious... I had the silver version and sold it at a loss and got the black version after since I missed it after selling it.

Come to think of it, whoever bought my silver version in person in NY chime in! Forgot who I sold it to, but the guy had light regret and I had to assure him it's a great DAP!

Nov 6, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #3,168 of 3,989
Can someone please kindly explain to me what exactly gapless playback on the sp3000 does?

When I turn it on or off I feel its the same, when music goes from song to song it still transitions smoothly...

Please advise!

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #3,170 of 3,989
I've just bought a copper SP3000 which should be delivered today and can't wait to give it a spin. I had to scratch an itch and try it out after reading all the reviews and posts in this thread. It's my first AK for a number of years, my first being AK100ii.
Congratulations and hope they give you as much pleasure as it has for me!

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #3,171 of 3,989
Congratulations and hope they give you as much pleasure as it has for me!
Thanks, I hope so. I've had a number of DAPs over the years but never gone for a top end AK, so I'm excited to hear this one. I nearly pulled the trigger on SE300 as I like the R2R sound but decided to try their TOTL DAP and see how it stacked up.

Nov 7, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #3,172 of 3,989
Upon reading the sp3000 copper being warmer os it due to materials pr different electronics used?

Just curious... I had the silver version and sold it at a loss and got the black version after since I missed it after selling it.

Come to think of it, whoever bought my silver version in person in NY chime in! Forgot who I sold it to, but the guy had light regret and I had to assure him it's a great DAP!
I'm not really sure tbh. I also had the silver version and sold it and also regretted that 😅

When I bought the copper version, that decision was only based on looks for me. Some people say there's a difference in sound and the copper version might be warmer. I never made a 1:1 comparison but I bet a Dollar (or an Euro) that the difference is minimal to none. Speaking for myself I'm sure I couldn't hear a difference even in a perfect 1:1 comparison setup volume matched etc.

Nov 7, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #3,173 of 3,989
I’ve tried almost all iterations of AK players going back years, including the SP3000 which I currently own in stainless 904L now. This talk about copper, stainless and or other materials making differences in sound signatures to AK Daps in my opinion is subtle to almost zero to me. I’m always also very surprised to see those comments, just like comments about firmware making sound difference which I never seem to hear but people swear happens.

Nov 7, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #3,174 of 3,989
I’ve tried almost all iterations of AK players going back years, including the SP3000 which I currently own in stainless 904L now. This talk about copper, stainless and or other materials making differences in sound signatures to AK Daps in my opinion is subtle to almost zero to me. I’m always also very surprised to see those comments, just like comments about firmware making sound difference which I never seem to hear but people swear happens.
I have no idea whether and, if so, how the material can change the tuning. I'm very skeptical about this myself. But I do know one thing: I originally had the SS version and I often wished it was less analytical and more warm, sometimes I couldn't listen to music in the evening and I was about to buy the SE300. But then I had to replace my SS version because it was faulty and I was able to get the CU version. Since I've had it, I haven't had any more of those desires. Maybe there is some truth to it…

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #3,175 of 3,989
I got my SP3000 CU version earlier and I'm amazed to say the least. When you read so much hype for something it rarely lives up to it all, not so with this player. It just sounds incredible and just shows how much a good source is needed in the chain. I've never heard a player that pairs this well with my Custom Art F7U. The technicalities are superb and I'm hearing all sorts of things bursting out of that black background that I've not noticed as much before.

It just has crystal clear clarity together with a hint of warmth that makes it pretty musical as well but never clynical or sibilant. That was the main reason I went for the CU version as my ears are pretty sensitive, but it's just nice and smooth without rounding the edges. It's conveys a power in the music as well, listening to the Superman Returns theme just blew me away! I've never heard a portable player this good and I've been through many.

Is it very expensive, sure but if you're a muic lover then it's worth every penny!

Nov 7, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #3,176 of 3,989
Where is the new firmware?

Nov 9, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #3,178 of 3,989
Any way to disable the pause side button or next song buttons on the side when screen is turned off?

Please?

Nov 9, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #3,179 of 3,989
Any way to disable the pause side button or next song buttons on the side when screen is turned off?

Please?
No. These side button issue was the main reason why I ended up pulling trigger on N30. While N30 is bigger and heavier. I still prefer it for a walk over SP3K cuz those buttons are so sensitive that it’s nearly impossible to have it in my pocket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back