Astell&Kern A&Ultima SP2000T Impressions Thread
Aug 31, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #76 of 755
Yeaaaaa marketing words and real numbers dont seems to align 😅😅😅

As the price also suggest it is not supposed to exceed the sp2k.
But who knows maybe we are here to get a real surprise and have flagship sound like sp2k.

One thing for sure! The T has the new teraton technology and that alone supposed to be superior sound over previous daps.

I dont know until my ears confirms it 🐅🐾😁
And what the Gel is Teraton ? Marathon ? Quantum Fidelity ?

Anyways, I look toward to seeing your tail, not the impressions though 😆 because the tail says everything

Aug 31, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #77 of 755
And what the Gel is Teraton ? Marathon ? Quantum Fidelity ?

Anyways, I look toward to seeing your tail, not the impressions though 😆 because the tail says everything

Its Thron Megatron gazillion Dragonflies overtrone technology not seen anywhere in the world.

I am very curious about it and definitely will give it a shot 😸

Haha definitely Tiger Tail say's everything if it doesn't stay then It fly's away 🤣
Will keep you posted if The T makes it in Tiger paws.

How mystic it is 🤔 The T Stands maybe for Tiger in new sp2 k T 😱🧐🧐🧐
🐅🐾😀😛😛😛

Aug 31, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #78 of 755
Its Thron Megatron gazillion Dragonflies overtrone technology not seen anywhere in the world.

I am very curious about it and definitely will give it a shot 😸

Haha definitely Tiger Tail say's everything if it doesn't stay then It fly's away 🤣
Will keep you posted if The T makes it in Tiger paws.

How mystic it is 🤔 The T Stands maybe for Tiger in new sp2 k T 😱🧐🧐🧐
🐅🐾😀😛😛😛
LOL!!! Definitely hitting your “T-Spot”!!

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #79 of 755
I never heard the SS or gold Vegas version, but IMO the copper that I have now and that a for a good time I had the 1z at the same time is the most natural, especially in the mid-range, now what is natural? Have your folks ever heard a church chore rehearse? Before the microfone is on? That's what I mean, the 1z with the last firmwares became to artificial and V shape IMO, but there are people that prefer that, there's nothing wrong with it

Sep 1, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #81 of 755
They said the same thing about the SP1000 and SP1000m ... look how that turned out :xf_rolleyes:
Again, what I have heard is that this is not to compete with the SP2000 or to replace it. There will still be a TOTL offering in the future. To me, obviously barring the obvious additions it appears be an upgrade to the SE200. I could be wrong though.

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #82 of 755
Again, what I have heard is that this is not to compete with the SP2000 or to replace it. There will still be a TOTL offering in the future. To me, obviously barring the obvious additions it appears be an upgrade to the SE200. I could be wrong though.
Exactly what I’m getting at, the SP1000m had a different flavour to the SP1000 and had its own USP’s… although the SP1000 was widely regarded as the better sounding player. It will likely be the same scenario here. All one has to do is look at the naming methodology of the player to understand what ballpark AK intends the player to be playing in. The Ultima line is touted as AK’s “ultimate” players sonically, whereas the futura line was conceptualised to bring new innovations to the market rather than aiming primarily for “ultimate” sonic performance.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #83 of 755
Exactly what I’m getting at, the SP1000m had a different flavour to the SP1000 and had its own USP’s… although the SP1000 was widely regarded as the better sounding player. It will likely be the same scenario here. All one has to do is look at the naming methodology of the player to understand what ballpark AK intends the player to be playing in. The Ultima line is touted as AK’s “ultimate” players sonically, whereas the futura line was conceptualised to bring new innovations to the market rather than aiming primarily for “ultimate” performance.
Agreed

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #85 of 755
Who knows, may be the SP3000 will have a line

With the overwhelming success on Nutube technology in SP2KT, we have perfected the art to introduce to you Quad Nu-Tube (not dual) , by using Quad Tubes, it allows to have significant output power to drive even the hardest headphones! The SP3000
I have a feeling it is a few months out, but I am excited none the less. I know you are not the fan, but I do like AK.

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #86 of 755
Can anybody explain to me how the BT Sink function works? This, alongside the upgraded wi-fi capability and file drop actually makes this look like a fairly future proof player... I'm just wondering if the full quality of a file can be achieved over BT Sink from an iPhone / iPad and can Tidal be used?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #87 of 755
Thats a good question, i would like to know as well,

bigger question for me
When choosing amp modes,,,
I know theres a hybrid mode, can user other than eq,,, adjust blended amps

omitting new features,,sq,,only must be on same level or greater sq than sp2000 for my money

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #88 of 755
I am also likely to pick this unit up but similar to @aaf evo, I am a sucker for R2R so it's going to have to beat out the RS6 at the minimum to take the second slot next to the :crown:SP2000.

omitting new features,,sq,,only must be on same level or greater sq than sp2000 for my money
And like several folks already speculated, I would not bank on this being on the same technical level as the SP2000. It's more so the potential musicality & versatility perks of the tube amps that I think can make it an easy (likely warmer) compliment to SP2000, not a replacement. Sadly-A&K's pricing has been relatively indicative of overall sound refinement, although some people may enjoy a less traditional "Hi-Fi" presentation, etc.

My motto in life: set expectations low so you rarely get disappointed :sweat_smile:.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #89 of 755
I am also likely to pick this unit up but similar to @aaf evo, I am a sucker for R2R so it's going to have to beat out the RS6 at the minimum to take the second slot next to the :crown:SP2000.

And like several folks already speculated, I would not bank on this being on the same technical level as the SP2000. It's more so the potential musicality & versatility perks of the tube amps that I think can make it an easy (likely warmer) compliment to SP2000, not a replacement. Sadly-A&K's pricing has been relatively indicative of overall sound refinement, although some people may enjoy a less traditional "Hi-Fi" presentation, etc.

My motto in life: set expectations low so you rarely get

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #90 of 755
I have a feeling it is a few months out, but I am excited none the less. I know you are not the fan, but I do like AK.
I don't think so. AKM will not be able to supply their Flagship DAC chipset in any time soon. They are talking about a recovery plan last for years.
So the most optimistic timeline would be having a SP3000 (with AKM chips) in almost 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back