Aug 8, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #604 of 756
I still read this in the iBasso thread mainly DX320 + Amp13
Because that combination has cracking while streaming
They use the AK SP2000T as excuse
For sure a few reported the issue a while ago
But AK fixed it
iBasso didn't ... 🤷

??

You don't know that, it's much more likely that AK has done nothing at all. The problem simply doesn't affect everyone, locational radio interference varies and so does gear combos. There has been a steady stream of people reporting it in this thread, just a page ago there was two people, so not sure what your smoking.

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #605 of 756
??

You don't know that, it's much more likely that AK has done nothing at all. The problem simply doesn't affect everyone, locational radio interference varies and so does gear combos. There has been a steady stream of people reporting it in this thread, just a page ago there was two people, so not sure what your smoking.
First of all I don't smoke and please don't make (stupid) assumptions without knowing people
Did I made a comment about you ?
If yes please show me !
I never said there are no issues
I have several friends owning a SP2000T and no crackling
If you read (this page) several posts : no issues
Yes some have the issue
But I read all Amp13 of the iBasso DX320 have it
My Cayin N8ii with double NuTube: zero issues ... 🤷

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #606 of 756
Thanks to everyone who just commented on this crackling issue.

I’m still tempted to get the sp2kt. I haven’t heard it, but I did recently listen to the Kann Max and really enjoyed the sound. I’m hoping that there is an AK house sound that the sp2kt will share.

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #607 of 756
A brief review of SP2000t

After few weeks of research and checking the availability of various daps, I finally decided to buy the A&K SP2000t. I was most certainly buying a Lotoo Paw Gold Touch but it was not available at all the places I could buy it from. Sony’s new daps are also highly unavailable. I did not want to go for iBasso and Hiby as I have had bitter experience with them in past. My friend’s DX200 and DX220 had battery issues. Hiby, to me, is still not very polished brand. Cayin N8ii was another option I had considered. But it was little over budget and I would have to wait for 3-4 weeks for it to arrive. Cayin N6ii was one solid dap I had used sometime back.

My SP2000t arrived couple of weeks back and I have been enjoying my time with it. Coming from a non-android dap history, I was little sceptical about this dap but the OS on it is a minimal android, so I do not find any distractions. The UI is super sleek, not a lot of options than what you need to play and enjoy music. I love the overall performance of the device. It does not crash, does not overheats on charging and usage and has a decent battery life. I think it is one of the best daps (device - hardware/software) out in the market. I am on firmware: 1.30CM

The SP2000t has different modes which should work with any iems. I am using 64 Audio Fourte with it and it sounds amazing. I am not using the tube mode a lot, I am more satisfied with the normal/hybrid mode.

Comparing with SP2000:

A&K has smartly placed SP2000t, priced well below the SP2000. The later has definitely has a better sound production. A better soundstage, a more refined sound is what I find the SP2000. But certainly, SP2000t is not far behind. Given the price difference of the two, I think the price of SP2000t is very well justified. Given a choice, I'd enjoy my time more with SP2000t. It is not as bulky as SP2000 and it can be easily carried in a pocket. So convenience and sound and price factor - all three considered - makes SP2000t a really great choice.

Using third party apps:

I am using Apple Music and Tidal on the dap. I do not find any issue whatsoever. The dap connects to wifi super easy. Every time, I switch on the wifi, it auto connects to the last connected network.

Connecting to Macbook:

I do not find any issue connecting to a Macbook Pro 2022. I am using Android File Transfer and it works seamlessly. No issue in transferring media on my SP2000t. It connects fast and I never had any connection issues the 20-30 times I connected it to Mac for transferring data.

Can A&K do this?

Now, the greedy me wants few things which if provided, in future may be, can take this dap to another level. For ex: if we could get an offline/minimal mode where we do not get to load the thumbnail, the music would load a lot faster. Searching through the library can also be faster that way. Not that I complain of it, but I want it to get as good/fast as a Lotoo OS, lol.
Also, since there is Android on board, why is there no deep sleep/wake mode, as is with the other Android daps. Let's use the best of both the worlds.

Overall I am satisfied with this dap and I am happy that A&K makes a polished product. Looking forward to future releases.

Aug 8, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #610 of 756
does anybody have battery display issue? it takes 30mins of playing music to drain from 100% to 97% then from there it drains normally.
I did notice this couple of times. And now that you have mentioned, it certainly is the case. Not sure if it a display issue.

Aug 27, 2022 at 2:33 AM Post #611 of 756
I think Astell&Kern quite successfully divided the line of its flagships, where sp2000 is created for audiophiles and sp2000t for music lovers. Sp2k has a reference sound, with excellent technical sound characteristics, it has everything you need for analytical listening to music. SP2kt falls a little short of the level of SP2K in terms of technicality and analyticity, but provides more emotions, drive, engagement and fun than sp2k, slightly coloring music with its tube, analog sound. In addition, after listening to sp2kt for a month and a half, it seemed to me that it has a deeper sound stage, a more noticeable holographic 3d effect than sp2k. So if you are an audiophile and prefer to analyze the sounds, more technical and analytical sound, sp2k will be better for you. If you want to get more emotions from listening, more engagement and fun, if you want have both tube analog and digital hi fi sound in your pocket, than sp2kt will definitely suit you more. It will also be the best choice for vinyl lovers.
Has anyone reported any noise or hissing issues on the SP2K? I am considering upgrading from my 2KT to the 2K CU (no hissing issues yet on the 2KT).

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #615 of 756
I just got DITA Perpetua. The synergy between CuNi-2kT and Perpetua is outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back