Astell&Kern A&Ultima SP2000T Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #631 of 748
Hello everyone.Purchased the Chinese version.There are only 3 languages, Chinese,Korean, English.Who knows if there is an opportunity to upgrade to the firmware of the international version?
Hi. I just replied to your PM, but also wanted to share the response here in case others had the same question.

Unfortunately due to illegal importing of Astell&Kern products into and out of China by gray market dealers, all AK products sold in China only come installed with Chinese language firmware and cannot/will not be updated to the worldwide firmware version. Also, please note that if you purchased a player that is designated for the Chinese market and imported into another country, Astell&Kern will not honor the warranty in any other country but China. The player would need to be sent to China for warranty service.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Sep 30, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #632 of 748
Seems to me that I recall in the old days (I had a 120 ll and a 240SS) that the Chinese version only got its own firmware, but I could be wrong or that might have changed. Jason will likely answer you soon. :)

Edit- and there it is.

Oct 2, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #633 of 748
Hello friends.Perhaps there is one among you who has a Chinese version of the player.There are only three languages, Chinese, Korean and English, but I'm interested in something else; what streaming services can I install on this player.I was informed that the Chinese version may not have all the streaming services that are supported in the international version.Thanks.

Oct 2, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #634 of 748
Hello friends.Perhaps there is one among you who has a Chinese version of the player.There are only three languages, Chinese, Korean and English, but I'm interested in something else; what streaming services can I install on this player.I was informed that the Chinese version may not have all the streaming services that are supported in the international version.Thanks.
Mine is a CN version as it is for Asia region and has the same 3 languages.
I have installed Spotify, Tidal and Apple Music without any problems.

Oct 3, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #636 of 748
Hi. I just replied to your PM, but also wanted to share the response here in case others had the same question.

Unfortunately due to illegal importing of Astell&Kern products into and out of China by gray market dealers, all AK products sold in China only come installed with Chinese language firmware and cannot/will not be updated to the worldwide firmware version. Also, please note that if you purchased a player that is designated for the Chinese market and imported into another country, Astell&Kern will not honor the warranty in any other country but China. The player would need to be sent to China for warranty service.
Besides the language, what's the difference? I have the Chinese version but can use Qobuz and Youtube as well.

Oct 13, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #637 of 748
Not that I know of, only internal memory. I just tried on the CA1000 using a browser window and using an FTP program and you cannot see the microSD card. I am certain the SP2000T is the same. I will pass this onto the dev team to see if it can be added in a future update.
That’s a bummer. Any updates on this?

Dec 18, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #639 of 748

Thanks for the clarifications, great luxuries at luxurious costs

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #641 of 748
I have a few questions about SP2000T.
- The tube life span is ~30,000 hrs. Can it be replaced?
- How long the battery does it take while using the hybrid mode?
If AK still have the parts for it 4-5 years from now, they will be able to have the tubes replaced for you at a fee.

Dec 21, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #642 of 748
I have a few questions about SP2000T.
- The tube life span is ~30,000 hrs. Can it be replaced?
- How long the battery does it take while using the hybrid mode?
You must spend 10 years to reach 30,000 hrs if you listen 8 hours daily :relaxed:

Dec 28, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #643 of 748
Hey friends,

Have we discussed about any wireless connectivity issue faced in the dap SP2000t? I have major issues with the wifi connection drop. After a start, the device takes a lot of time to connect to the last remembered wifi and when the screen sleeps, many a times it loses the connection. Sometimes post screen wake, the wifi connects sometimes not. Also, the signal it catches is weak while other devices(phone, laptop) have strong reception.

Anyone faced this issue, please help me out.

Happy holidays,
Thanks

Dec 28, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #644 of 748
Hey friends,

Have we discussed about any wireless connectivity issue faced in the dap SP2000t? I have major issues with the wifi connection drop. After a start, the device takes a lot of time to connect to the last remembered wifi and when the screen sleeps, many a times it loses the connection. Sometimes post screen wake, the wifi connects sometimes not. Also, the signal it catches is weak while other devices(phone, laptop) have strong reception.

Anyone faced this issue, please help me out.

Happy holidays,
Thanks
I have faced this issue too on my SE100 and SP1000, tried many ways but still could not fix it, I gave up and sold my stuff.

Dec 29, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #645 of 748
Compared the Sp2000t vs Acro ca1000 vs Shanling M8 using Thieaudio Monarch Mk2, Dan Clarks Aeon Noir and Meze Lirycs.
The sp2kt sounded worst- very dry, peaky, bright and flat.
The ca1000 was definitely better, with more organic vocals and warmer and more pleasurable timbre. It was also more dynamic, with better bass impact.
The best was Shanling M8 - the most natural and organic timbre, the best 3d staging, best and fullest bass impact. The sp2kt wasn't even close to these 2. I used hybrid 50/50 setting on the sp2kt. I tested the sp2kt a year ago and i liked it but it's just too dry and unnatural in comparison to the ca1000 and especially M8 which is very fluid and organic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back