Astell&Kern A&futura SE180 - The First Modular DAP from Astell&Kern
Jul 23, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #571 of 648
Cheers Charlie, I’ll give that a try and report back the results.
Hi. Just ran a real-world test. It took 35 minutes to complete a manual media scan on the 512gb PNY card filled as mentioned in post #569, above.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #572 of 648
Only 1.4 years old it already got a bloated battery :fearful:

20230724_182923.jpg

@JasonNYC pretty disappointed with this unit!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #573 of 648
Jul 24, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #575 of 648
Last edited:
Jul 24, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #577 of 648
Helpful. What happens when you change a song or two and reinsert? Does it rescan entirely? Quickly resync just the changes?
For adding an album, I just connect the player directly to my PC. It scans newly added music automatically & also on start-up.

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #579 of 648
So the 30 min scan is basically just a one off?
Yes. For me the 35 min. scan happens with a newly inserted card, DAP factory reset, user initiated media scan. Player does a quick scan upon startup and when new music is detected.

Aug 31, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #581 of 648
Hello!
I have wanted this player for a long time.
there is an opportunity to buy a new one. Well, not in my country.
I heard that it may not start from the box.
is it worth the risk then?
Hi. Unfortunately, I received a new one that was DOA last August and would not start up or charge - no matter what I tried. Confirmed by dealer and promptly replaced by them. I'm in the US, though, and the 180 was a relatively new DAP at the time.

Sep 8, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #582 of 648
@JasonNYC

A quick feedback on how terrible you guys fixed my unit. Just claimed my unit from battery replacement (Was shipped back to S. Korea). Your repair process has left deep cuts on the aluminum part on the back of my device.

Even my dealer - who saw the unit came in in flawless physical condition, saw the cuts.

Great. I hate when this happens, you take care of your unit, only to be handled roughly by the manufacturer. If I only known you guys will do this to my unit, I should have just made the repair myself.

This is my last AK device. Terrible terrible experience.

Sep 8, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #583 of 648
@JasonNYC

A quick feedback on how terrible you guys fixed my unit. Just claimed my unit from battery replacement (Was shipped back to S. Korea). Your repair process has left deep cuts on the aluminum part on the back of my device.

Even my dealer - who saw the unit came in in flawless physical condition, saw the cuts.

Great. I hate when this happens, you take care of your unit, only to be handled roughly by the manufacturer. If I only known you guys will do this to my unit, I should have just made the repair myself.

This is my last AK device. Terrible terrible experience.
I had negative experience in repairing players and phones at service centers. sent the perfect device. arrived with dried liquid on the screen and scratches.
I am a demanding person in this matter. I had to find a craftsman who does it carefully. It's good that he is from my country. Unfortunately, it cannot cause any damage.

Sep 8, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #584 of 648
I had negative experience in repairing players and phones at service centers. sent the perfect device. arrived with dried liquid on the screen and scratches.
I am a demanding person in this matter. I had to find a craftsman who does it carefully. It's good that he is from my country. Unfortunately, it cannot cause any damage.

Yeah, it sucks bigtime! My dealer can't do anything as well, can't be angry at them as I understand that they are just the middleman.

I actually can do the repair myself as the unit was already all open, easy enough to source the battery - but I still sent it in thinking that "oh its AK and they know what they are doing", but they f$^@&$ did more damage!

@JasonNYC Tagging you again so that you can something on your side.

Sep 8, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #585 of 648
Only 1.4 years old it already got a bloated battery :fearful:

20230724_182923.jpg

@JasonNYC pretty disappointed with this unit!

@JasonNYC I can supply you photos of the unit after the repair and you can compare it with this photo. This is a good comparison as this is the same side that has all the dents. See for yourself how the repair guys destroyed the aluminum lip.

Terrible. Oh yes, I'm going on and on now as this is really terrible support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back