[ask] The best desktop ampli for my headphone
Sep 30, 2010 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mm38

New Head-Fier
hi...
i am nubie here and need some advice bout ampli..

my headphone is ATH AD900
and i use Onkyo SE-200pci Ltd as my soundcard

so, what is the best ampli for my headphone and soundcard?

after read some review, i thnk indeed G2 is a good ampli.
but is the ampli's character will match with my AD900 and soundcard character ???

and G2 has 20 - 600 ohm output impedance, and my AD900 has 35 ohm only
so, is it ok to pair my AD900 with small impedance to ampli which has big output impedance...?

or maybe any advice for another ampli?

my budjet is $50 - $100

thx before for the answer 

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #2 of 10
Mate save yourself the $100. You don't need to amp that thing, they perform great without an amp. Amping them will yield very little performance increase, you might even detect none at all. The AD900s are known for not needing to be amped.

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #4 of 10
For some headphones it would be, but not the AD900s, they're great without it
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #5 of 10
it certainly wont get a big improvement with any amplification in that price range.

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
For some headphones it would be, but not the AD900s, they're great without it
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
it certainly wont get a big improvement with any amplification in that price range.

oh, thx for the answer friends

but, my best SQ if i use analog (RCA) output from soundcard, so?
i have to use connector cable, right?

but, if i use connector, it will decrease SQ or not?

thx

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #8 of 10
I don't know anything decent at that price range. I've also never heard (I think) the AD900 before. Even though AT headphones are said to be not very amplifier sensitive, it makes quite noticeable differences to me as far.

What is this G2 amp that you're talking about? I tried searching but only came up with Randall (guitar) amps and the Yuin G2 headphones.

By the way, "20-600 ohm" is not the output impedance of the amp. It is likely that the info you read is trying to tell you that the amp can drive headphones with impedances (not output impedance also) ranging from 20ohm to 600ohm.

Oct 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #9 of 10
I believe the INDEED headphone amp is called the G2. This is the in proved version of the little Bravos. To make sure I looked at mine and I two and both are called G2's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back