Ask one of the world's top headphone engineers whatever you want at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time!
Oct 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63
Sorry for the short notice, guys, but I just found out about this. Sennheiser's Axel Grell--chief designer/engineer for the Sennheiser HD 800, among other Sennheiser products--will be answering questions in a live Q&A on Gizmodo--in a little over a half-hour.

It starts at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (the link below will go live at 12:30 p.m. EDT).

Please go, check out the Q&A, and, even better, ask Axel some questions!

http://gizmodo.com/5949316/ask-one-of-the-worlds-top-headphone-engineers-whatever-you-want

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #2 of 63
Quote:
Sorry for the short notice, guys, but I just found out about this. Sennheiser's Axel Grell--chief designer/engineer for the Sennheiser HD 800, among other Sennheiser products--will be answering questions in a live Q&A on Gizmodo--in a little over a half-hour.

It starts at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (the link below will go live at 12:30 p.m. EDT).

Please go, check out the Q&A, and, even better, ask Axel some questions!

http://gizmodo.com/5949316/ask-one-of-the-worlds-top-headphone-engineers-whatever-you-want

page not found

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #4 of 63
Thanks....
L3000.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #5 of 63
So we had about 20 minutes to prepare? lol..

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 63
Oct 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #8 of 63
Hrmmm... He seems to be dodging quite a few questions... It's getting me excited.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 63
I wouldn't be surprised if Sennheiser is working on a planar magnetic, electrostatic--or both.  They have to look at the success of headphone like the LCD-2 and wonder if they can compete with a similar or better product.  Sennheiser is interested in volume sales, bit also in having prestige flagships that lend some gloss to the whole line.

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #12 of 63
Quote:
Gizmodo is cute but why wouldn't he do an interview over here? Too tough to handle i suppose...
tongue.gif

This.

It would be much more intuitive to use something like a Reddit IAMA format.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #13 of 63
Off course he answered the questions he liked , especially if this helps to advertise the new HDVD 800 & HDVD  600.
I  don't know why they keep on repeating that the hd800 is the headphone with biggest driver, which is not true (sony XB1000).
And that marketing speech regarding the  5 Hz to 46500 Hz range supported by the IE 800 , is a bit dubious.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #14 of 63
Thanks for posting, I posted a question, but for some reason it doesn't show up after I refresh.
Also for a second I thought a chemo-less Walter White was wearing HD800's in the picture.

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #15 of 63
Your question is probably up there - If you go back to the page there's a small gray tab that says "show unanswered questions."  I asked my question three times before I realized to click that and sure enough I looked like someone who was computer illiterate.

He sounded like some marketing guy was sitting next to him telling him how to answer every question.  If you were to play a drinking game and take a shot every time he mentioned Sennheiser's new amps, you'd be pretty pathetic - getting drunk at work to a live question/answer with an engineer on the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back