[Ask] Best Portable Full-Size Headphone, Under USD $650,00
Jun 7, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #17 of 22

Quote:
I think I will go for ATH-ESW10 JPN, but can some one tell me, does ATH-ESW10 jPN is a full size headphone (Circumaural headphone)..?

They are supraural, the only "portable" cirmuaural I know is the ed.8....
Good choice! they are fantastic headphones.

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #18 of 22
 ESW-10 are amazing but many(JH13Pro+ESW-10) users confirmed it's behind in soundquality compared to JH13Pro. If you like large surrounded soundstage then HFI780 willbe great choice with overall good balance(little bassy) soundquality.

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
really?? ESW10 standing at the top of all portable headphones?? lol, I found them quite boring personally, beautiful to look at, but boring. bass has no bite even out of lisa III, way too polite all round IMO. not really flawed so to speak, reasonable detail, mids are there, but not as textured or articulate as you would expect from a woody, highs dont sound as open as expected, isolation is also somewhat lacking IMO, pretty decent....but just.....meh.... didnt grab me at all. I really wanted to like them too as they are sexy as.

ive had many IEMs that sound bigger than these headphones. IMO HD25 beats them, pity your budget doesnt stretch to ED8

I was looking into the ESW10jpn for a while, (mostly because they're so freakin' gorgeous to look at), and I recall a couple people stating that their strong point is that, although they do not really excel at any one thing, their strong suit is that they do not suck at anything either, which supposedly made them a nice "all around" headphone.

Jun 8, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
 ESW-10 are amazing but many(JH13Pro+ESW-10) users confirmed it's behind in soundquality compared to JH13Pro.

emmm, yes... but the JH13pro's are over 1k. As I said before, for a portable HEADPHONE, the top AT's stand on their own, not even close to the senn25's imo.

Jun 8, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
I think I will go for ATH-ESW10 JPN, but can some one tell me, does ATH-ESW10 jPN is a full size headphone (Circumaural headphone)..?

Make sure you buy from a reputable store if there's any. Don't even think about ebay unless you have Japanese contacts on ebay. I doubt you will find a new pair at this point though.

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
Make sure you buy from a reputable store if there's any. Don't even think about ebay unless you have Japanese contacts on ebay. I doubt you will find a new pair at this point though.

I actually came across a site several days ago that were still selling ESW10jpn's brand new... I came across the link somewhere on Head-Fi... I'll see if I can find it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back