smily_headphones1.gif
.. Craig is so awesome... He also give me a bundle price
smily_headphones1.gif

Thread Finish..
My final decision
Balance Ed 8 recable modification using whiplash cable
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #32 of 36
Good luck, I think you will like that very much. But are you taking the Palladium version?

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhone4G /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a second thought i thinl i will stick with rsa protector since every headphone or iem that i buy every i use it with protector it sound great and fit with me.. afterall amps is not increase the sq it only change the sound.. So i will stick with my protector and my LOD..
And i cancel to use moon audio black dragon, wht? After i do some research, i found that the main problem of black dragon is its too thick.. And because not portable anymore

Can anyone suggest me best cable modification for edition 8, thats not thick, infact slim, hard to broke,
Balance sound, very transparent, fit all kind of music from jazz untill hard rock, warm, fit with imod, wide soundstage, not heavy, detail and pure sound, not easy got oxidation effect(cable become green),very musical, budget for these cable modification is US$ 500, and very pure and strong material
Any suggestion??

When I re-terminated my Ed.8s for balanced operation, I found that the cable was far better inside than it appears on the outside. They sound superb balanced with the Protector as the amp.

You might consider just re-terminating them and give them a try with your Protector before spending additional money on re-cabling them.

I terminated mine with a Mini-XLR connector, then made a short pigtail to interface with my Protector. I also made up a 1/8" mini-plug/Mini-XLR pigtail so I can also use them with my SE amps.

Ron

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I re-terminated my Ed.8s for balanced operation, I found that the cable was far better inside than it appears on the outside. They sound superb balanced with the Protector as the amp.

You might consider just re-terminating them and give them a try with your Protector before spending additional money on re-cabling them.

I terminated mine with a Mini-XLR connector, then made a short pigtail to interface with my Protector. I also made up a 1/8" mini-plug/Mini-XLR pigtail so I can also use them with my SE amps.

Ron

Very helpful information!!! But when I owned ED8 for couple weeks, I thought the cables were too short even for portable usage. Can u describe the synergy between ED8 and Protector in more detail?

edit: nvm saw your post on other thread. Thanks!

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck, I think you will like that very much. But are you taking the Palladium version?

Paladium of course.. Its the latest version afterall

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very helpful information!!! But when I owned ED8 for couple weeks, I thought the cables were too short even for portable usage. Can u describe the synergy between ED8 and Protector in more detail?

edit: nvm saw your post on other thread. Thanks!

To my ears, the bass is better controlled and the soundstage more spacious with more precise imaging. Each instrument or voice stays in its position. I think that SE phones that share a common ground often have difficulty in keeping accurate placement of instruments during complex musical passages.

IMO, balancing brings out the best in the Ed.8. Yes, the cable is short, but my small mini-XLR connections and pigtail add to the length without creating much additional weight or bulk.

Below is a pix showing the end of the Ed.8 cable plus a couple of adapters for my balanced K501s. I also made up a pigtail using a lighter-weight braided cable.

Protectorandconnectors.jpg

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back