Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Aug 4, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #1,051 of 2,994
Oh, I just dug through the thread and found the Lemons rec, started listening to it and really digging it, so kudos!

And one of my favourite live performances

Which led me to a cool remix

Top it off with some nostalgia...

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #1,052 of 2,994
Quote:
Can attest to the old BEG R&B stuff being gold. Shame people only know them from those songs about Pokemon (haha puns).

Don't hate me for loving Mong back in the day....

LOL I love Mong back then also :|

==============

Maybe I'm a bit too nostalgic, but I like older kpop than what it has become nowadays..
I miss THIS After School

One of the hottest MV SMent has ever produced
With real sports cars ACTUALLY RUNNING(!), along with police pursuit and roadblocks and all..

And some jpop to balance things a bit..
Love BENI since her first album. She never disappoints. 

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #1,053 of 2,994
Quote:

One of the hottest MV SMent has ever produced
With real sports cars ACTUALLY RUNNING(!), along with police pursuit and roadblocks and all..

And then when they go through the roadblock they find out that they've been in a box all this time.
Everyone knows SM videos are allegoric for existentialist problems. 

I feel like I've posted this one before.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #1,055 of 2,994
Quote:
And then when they go through the roadblock they find out that they've been in a box all this time.
Everyone knows SM videos are allegoric for existentialist problems. 

I feel like I've posted this one before.

Gawd I hate you, my hard drive does NOT need this... however what Cd does <3 

Non the less. I'm very sad this is only in 320k at jPop Suki, but I'm sure glad I have an account there! This band is wonderful! Male Vocals, jazz influemce with a soulful old school Funk Rock sound as well... very cool! Now I get to spend a couple hours properly tagging this stuff xD 

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #1,056 of 2,994
Quote:
 Now I get to spend a couple hours properly tagging this stuff xD 

I find myself doing this way too often with the Asian music I rip.  Tagging mp3/flac with foreign text needs to be easier!

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,057 of 2,994
Quote:

I find myself doing this way too often with the Asian music I rip.  Tagging mp3/flac with foreign text needs to be easier!

Agree'd thank gawd for jPop Suki having Song and Artists titles in English! Sadly though I still have some 3nd Songs in Japanese <.< 

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #1,059 of 2,994
I prefer Japanese/Chinese tags to the romaji/pinyin ones even if I can't read it.

Using pinyin in tags for a Cantonese song doesn't make much sense. XD
Romaji tags for Japanese songs makes sense though except for the fact that I can't properly type that out either.

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #1,060 of 2,994
I'm also torn because my statusbar can't seem do UTF-8 properly (even though it's supposed to) so the characters are...

I'd choose a backup font but then I'd lose out on my pretty icons. I mean st can do UTF-8 (it'd be laughable if a emulator couldn't) but it looks butt-ugly.

Yeah...this is why I don't really play any music on my laptop anymore. Navigation can be a pain.

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #1,061 of 2,994
Speaking of Asian characters though, is there any way to rip CDs using EAC, converted to FLAC, and have the Asian characters stay in the tags?

Everytime I rip such a CD properly tagged and all, all of my tags get ruined. D:

No, the artist is not [] [] [].

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #1,062 of 2,994
Flac tags are UTF-8 by default. EAC is probably the problem. (Dunno though, you could be converting them with something schiity)

Foobar can rip w/ unicode. EAC can't do it for cue sheets, not sure about tags (it never worked for me either). It probably should by now. 
You can use cdrtools on OSX, no macports required. A quick google search yields cdrtfe as an option for windows.
(Most people I know just add on the tags after ripping anyways)

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #1,063 of 2,994
Quote:
Speaking of Asian characters though, is there any way to rip CDs using EAC, converted to FLAC, and have the Asian characters stay in the tags?

Everytime I rip such a CD properly tagged and all, all of my tags get ruined. D:

it's not EAC. EAC ripped a Monster Hunter Tri OST for me and everything stayed in Japanese [it was an import] so it must be your converter

Aug 11, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #1,065 of 2,994
Quote:
Quote:

it's not EAC. EAC ripped a Monster Hunter Tri OST for me and everything stayed in Japanese [it was an import] so it must be your converter

Then flac.exe must be broken or something. I'm just using that as part of EAC's options to "rip" FLACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back