Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Feb 15, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #1,501 of 2,994
Unffffff!!!
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #1,506 of 2,994
Subscribed. Recently I have gotten into these singers such as Blanca Wu and Gloria, who do covers of other Asian singers. I'm on my phone now but I'll try to find some links later.

Does anyone know any other similar artists?

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #1,509 of 2,994
  So stop watch music and start listening :) Good song is always a good song and **** MV can not change this. Many kpop fans care about MV same or even more than about music, I don't care about MV at all.

preach!

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #1,510 of 2,994
  O God that MV ruined a perfectly good song. All that milk dripping and ass cheek rubbing seems so forced and fake.

^ Kpop MVs has sound!!!???
blink.gif

"All that milk dripping and ass cheek rubbing"..... my point exactly. :wink:

So stop watch music and start listening :) Good song is always a good song and **** MV can not change this. Many kpop fans care about MV same or even more than about music, I don't care about MV at all.

i can't say the same............ the horror!!!
triportsad.gif

Kpop forever, stellar is awesome

^ Kpop fever forever.
evil_smiley.gif

Nuff said on the latter.
... Yura is ready for a fight if you disagrees.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #1,511 of 2,994
Yeah, all that bum related stuff gets a bit stupid. Using my super computer and many man-hours of close inspection, I've traced this history of this sensation back to its source, this video by sistar. Pay close attention to: 1:04, it appears all four have cut the cheese and are diffusing the evidence!

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #1,512 of 2,994
Yeah, the marketing and the actual music aren't usually by the same team, and currently the bid for the sexiest girl group in K-Pop has gotten a bit ridiculous. It won't be long before the world could even remember a time when Asian women were thought of as shy and conservative. Now, they're the chicks that don't act their age (infantilization, where women in their 20's pretend like they are inexperienced pubescent virgins. Puh-leese), and can't wait to use their lady bumps as lens cleaners for the video cameras. Even as a hot-blooded male I'm getting sick of it. Let's get back to the music, seriously. But then again, ever since the advent of MTV, music has become less and less about the actual music and more about the image and marketing. I don't mind sexy at all, but let's be classy about it.

Thank God we have plenty of excellent indie/artsy stuff being posted in this thread too. 

BTW TwinQY, I really enjoy the more melodic/coherent indie/artsy stuff you post, but the stuff that's way out there--all the noise drones, ambient soundscapes, dissonant crashes and scrapes, and endless noodling of 70's psychedelic distorted organs and badly recorded guitars--they don't do anything for me at all, since the actual musicality is very low with that type of avant-garde, where the "idea" behind the music seems to be placed in higher value than the actual musicality. To me, that's putting the cart before the horse. I tend to feel the same way about stubbornly experimental cinema and literature, because past a certain threshold, the idea itself isn't worth experiencing anymore if sitting through the execution is just torture (either incessantly harsh and unappealing, or boring and aimless). When a death metal song actually has more appealing musicality than your absurdly wacky experimental noise, you know you've gone too far. :D (Obviously, this is all IMO.)

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #1,513 of 2,994
  Yeah, all that bum related stuff gets a bit stupid. Using my super computer and many man-hours of close inspection, I've traced this history of this sensation back to its source, this video by sistar. Pay close attention to: 1:04, it appears all four have cut the cheese and are diffusing the evidence!

Bubble Pop was released earlier than that, I blame Hyuna exclusively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back