Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Nov 10, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #526 of 2,994
Quote:

I also listen to quite a bit of 70's and 80's jpop. Momoe is one of my favorites, she really is the eternal idol. <3

Quote:
She has a great voice. This one below has excellent sound quality when you switch to 480p. It cuts a couple times, but is great otherwise.

Totally agree with you. Out of curiosity what other 70's or 80's jpop music do you like apart from Momoe Yamaguchi? I really like Matsuda Seiko, Kanako Wada and Akino Arai. Other favourites of mine which are more recent i will have to say ZARD, Ikimonogakari and Natsukawa Rimi:)

Nov 11, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #527 of 2,994

After previewing the tracks in the album...

I would like to say

T-ARA IS BACK

Seriously... this new album has some hint of Absolute First Album inside

And seems like Core Contents Media has large budgets for these MVs haha

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #529 of 2,994

Quote:

The problem with so many of these big-budget music videos with lots of narrative elements, is that the songs themselves are nowhere near as rich in narrative content and emotional resonance, so they have to pile it on in the music video. The minute you take the visuals away and just listen to the songs, they are completely pedestrian and unremarkable. 

What I find kind of depressing is that so much about music today is no longer about the actual music, but the image and everything else that has nothing to do with the music. 

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #530 of 2,994

Quote:

After previewing the tracks in the album...

I would like to say

T-ARA IS BACK

Seriously... this new album has some hint of Absolute First Album inside

lol They must have chewed like 3 whole packs of gum in that MV. I like the actor though. He was hilarious in the "Greatest Love" drama, but music movies like this never turn out well. BUT it does seem very Korean haha

Nov 12, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #531 of 2,994
I don't have very many Vietnamese songs in my library, but a few of my Vietnamese friends really like Trish Thuy Trang.

I was looking through my bookmarks and I found this song:

蔡健雅 (Tanya Chua) - 晨間新聞 - Chén jiān xīnwén - Morning News

Nov 12, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #532 of 2,994
That T-ARA's song was actually rather nice I think. = ) Nothing that special but definitely worth some listens.

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #537 of 2,994
Heh, HYUNA... She really does better in 4MINUTE than on her own I think. = / Decent song though.

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #538 of 2,994
Don't understand Korean so can't begin to imagine what those lyrics might be about.  I'm guessing it's not a song about chewing gum? 
blink.gif

Curious, anyone else listen to songs even though it's in a language they don't know?  Only know Japanese and Cantonese, but find myself listening to quite a bit of Korean lately..

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #539 of 2,994
I don't know a lot of japanese or korean, but I love the music. I've written earlier that I can't hear the meaning of the words, I can only hear what the music sounds like. = ) This is the same with any language. Lyrics also aren't the reason I'm in this hobby...

Nov 18, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #540 of 2,994

Quote:
I don't know a lot of japanese or korean, but I love the music. I've written earlier that I can't hear the meaning of the words, I can only hear what the music sounds like. = ) This is the same with any language. Lyrics also aren't the reason I'm in this hobby...

Maybe that's part of the reason why I prefer Asian music over American....I think modern American pop gets to my nerves partly because of how uncreative or over-used the lyrics and themes are; the other part is that it just doesn't sound like the kind of music I normally listen to.

Sure, a lot of Chinese songs are about love, but to my ears, the way the music is presented is just much more appealing to listen to then compared to that of American pop music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back