Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Jul 10, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #31 of 2,994
X-japan- Forever Love(last live)

i love this band since i was younger. i first heard this song on one of my favorite anime movies ''X''. i was introduced to it when my cousin came back from the navy. he was stationed in japan for a good few years.

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #32 of 2,994
Versailles - zombie

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #33 of 2,994
     Quote:
For people that like rap

Bubble Love reminds me a lot of Japanese pop-rap like HOME MADE KAZOKU. I like it :)

Quote:
^The first video was very entriguing.  I've noticed that Japanese artists are mostly female.  I haven't seen much male artists. I think Korean music has started it's music cultural transformation from hip-hip to boy bands, to more alternative rock type and more vocals focused music.  I like the present state compared to the boy band stage where everybody had the same hair styles and it was very bland.  Korean music is starting to show more originality in my view.  Styling is overall more original than before.  It seams, it evolved into it's own style and culture.

Here is CNBLUE, rock that is mainstream which is rare, but it's happening now.  I know it is kinda poppish still, but music is evolving.

It would seem that way cause most male stars don't get pushed out of japan, typically just the girl jpop. I don't have much Jpop, my music is mostly visual Kei. Here's a classic VK group; Malice Mizer:

Whats interesting about VK is that its for the most part pop-metal music with heavy crossdressing; almost all VK bands are completely men. With that said, here's a VK band with a girl singer :p

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #34 of 2,994
melodic black metal from taiwan

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #35 of 2,994
HIZAKI grace project - Race wish (guitar solo)

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #36 of 2,994
final contribution for today

followbane
melodic death metal from japan

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #38 of 2,994
From my perspective, it is quite interesting how music for each asian country has evolved to it's state.  Of course when it comes to rock or hip-hop, there was western cultural influence.  It is apprent what type of music genre has touched certain asian countries.  It is obvious that heavy rock has touch Japan very much.  From what I have observed, Korean music has been touched by hip-hop, R& B, and pop music.  I think what type of music is mainstream reflect the country's culture since the audience are the people, and what most will favor, the record companies will produce.  

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #39 of 2,994
I would have never known about him if you haven't posted his vids.  He's got some very impressive performances.
Quote:
Eugene was a classically trained singer. He sings an aria "Lascia ch'io pianga" 2:50 seconds in 
biggrin.gif

He knows how to have fun too; he covered Page's I'm sorry amazingly here. Not to mention both parts of the duet.

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #40 of 2,994
     Quote:
From my perspective, it is quite interesting how music for each asian country has evolved to it's state.  Of course when it comes to rock or hip-hop, there was western cultural influence.  It is apprent what type of music genre has touched certain asian countries.  It is obvious that heavy rock has touch Japan very much.  From what I have observed, Korean music has been touched by hip-hop, R& B, and pop music.  I think what type of music is mainstream reflect the country's culture since the audience are the people, and what most will favor, the record companies will produce.  

And yet despite that, if were talking "mainstream" I'd say that Japan is similar to Korea save for that amazing hiphop that Korea has. Likewise Thailand's folk-pop is incredible.

In Japan the mainstream artists are Kumi Koda and pop singers like her. In 2008 Namie Amuro made around $130 million, more than any other artist in asia. Its crazy and undeserving IMO.

Visual Kei is mainstream in the way bands like Foo Fighters are save for the giant bands that invented VK. For some reason rock is more polarizing than pop; and more people tend to choose pop/dance music.

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #42 of 2,994
     Quote:
Eugene's performance reminded me of BooHwal

Thanks for BooHawl. Eugene is interesting though. He was a student at a christian opera academy in Seoul. So his range is pretty incredible to say the least. Flower was his dream.

You don't know how great this has been. I've saved all the links, so much good korean music. 
biggrin.gif

Now I just need to find out where I can buy this music. I want it in lossless!!!

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #44 of 2,994

Quote:
Amazing performance.  It's been a while since I've seen a female artist do that on a guitar.

That's a guy ==

Reread my post on LIGHT BRINGER.

Edit: Hizaki is a guy. Fuki from LIGHT BRINGER is a girl. The visual kei scene is like that. They all look like girls but they're all guys. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back