1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)

Discussion in 'Music' started by legendarylvl1, Jul 6, 2011.
First

Back
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
Next

Last
  1. SilverEars
    Yeah, I need to dig into more indie stuff. I'm basing off of the Melon top 100 tracks as of late.

I wish there was something like spotify or tidal with K-indie for easy music discovery.

I enjoy K-soul and R&B so keep them comin! I really like stuff like Bumkey soul vocals.

I haven't listened to BTS other than the viral crap like DNA.

I'm aware of Brown Eyes(and soul), and also Naul. I was into them for a bit.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. SilverEars
    I'm aware of G.Soul, although he has high skills, his tracks don't really have a long lasting effect I realized. Just like Dean. maybe too much style over originality. They sound good when you initially hear them, but doesn't seem lasting(gets washed out). I feel the same about IU.

Out of all that you listed, the last two I'm aware of, but also I like to hear more of their tracks. They do align with my taste very much, sounds good.

I'm aware of some other K-indie like 2LSON, Junkey, standing egg, which I quite enjoyed. Just that J Rabbit has a lasting effect on me. Their performance just seem original.

Lots of musicians that have real skills comes from K-indie I realized. Bumkey, Geeks(early stuff was good then rest went to schiit), etc..

I like Moon Myun Jin as he's got lots of soul, but he doesn't put out good tracks probably due to not having the right producer to complement his skills.

2LSON seems like Korean version of Clean Bandit, picking out the right vocalists.

I like Winee's vocals as well, and she collaborated with 2LSON. Her vocals doesn't sound highly controlled, but it's the kind of sound you get the feel of the song. Vocals can sound right in feel without much control as well.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  3. SilverEars

4. SilverEars
    Heize's tracks are pretty good. She's very talented.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    ADUHF likes this.
  5. SilverEars

ADUHF likes this.
  6. SilverEars
    I swear millennial trend is everywhere.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  7. Fargeg
    I've personally found anime stuff to largely be a wasteland when it comes to audio quality; the intersection between energetic songs and well-mastered songs, in particular, appears to be non-existent. But when it comes to more laid-back music, there are still some gems here and there.

I've been listening to a lot of Masumi Itou's music lately. I'm not sure whether it's kosher to post direct YouTube links to these, but I've found her work on the Haibane Renmei, Maid Dragon and Azumanga Daioh soundtracks to be quite enjoyable, especially the songs Blue Flow and Raspberry Heaven (tribute version). Her non-anime albums, especially Harmonies of Heaven, are great as well. I've been seeking out some of Chata's music, too. Utatane is pleasingly relaxing. On the indie side of things, there's Otenba World's End and Hysteric by Chiffon.

Any other anime music or similarly styled music to consider? I'd especially be interested in faster-paced J-pop/J-rock that hasn't had brick-wall compression applied to it.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  8. tkcha
    FAKE LOVE, LOVE YOURSELF 轉 'Tear' by BTS

9. ADUHF
    My browsers are still having trouble with the last two pages because there were too many videos. So I'm going to bump this thread a few times (with some old SNSD vids) to get to a new page.

2007 - Into the New World

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  10. ADUHF
  11. ADUHF
  12. ADUHF
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  13. ADUHF
  14. ADUHF