Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Jul 30, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #197 of 2,994
Thought I'd share a couple of my favs too:

Salyu - All About Lily Chou-Chou OST (probably better known stateside for the track used in Kill Bill)

Seatbelts - The Real Folk Blues (can't go wrong with Yoko Kanno projects)

Bonnie Pink - A Perfect Sky (can't remember how many times I kept playing this on the Jubeat machines)

Aug 1, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #198 of 2,994
Wow an Asian music thread

I like KPOP, have been following since last year, so far I only bought KPOP albums lol.

Used to listen to Mandopop but I felt it declined after the 2000s, then switched to metal, then to English pop and then to KPOP.

Find KPOP has a sense of uniqueness to me.

Some underrated KPop songs

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #199 of 2,994
Ahhhh... I love Rainbow... for their songs of course : )

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #200 of 2,994
On second thought, I like their live performances better

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #201 of 2,994
Listen to k-pop a bit too, seems like they're all the rage in Japan now.  Only criticism is it seems like a lot of the groups focus more on dance than actual singing, hence the whole auto-tune phenomena.  But while we're on topic, here's a couple:

SNSD / Girls Generation - Great Escape & Mr Taxi (MTV VMA Japan)

4minute - Huh

Brown Eyed Girls - Abracadabra

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #202 of 2,994
Not diggin' the Code V or Rainbow. Rainbow's singers have very fragile voices and you can tell they aren't confident on stage or even in a video with no audience (the park shot). The poor falsetto by Code V turned me off right away. If you are going to do falsetto at least do it right (Eugene).

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #203 of 2,994

Quote:
Not diggin' the Code V or Rainbow. Rainbow's singers have very fragile voices and you can tell they aren't confident on stage or even in a video with no audience (the park shot). The poor falsetto by Code V turned me off right away. If you are going to do falsetto at least do it right (Eugene).

i dont think u should be listening so much as watching rainbows performance...

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #204 of 2,994
i dont think u should be listening so much as watching rainbows performance...

As pretty as they are, there are some of that group that just look odd. I can get my visual and aural fix from SNSD and others.

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #205 of 2,994
Aug 1, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #206 of 2,994

Quote:
As pretty as they are, there are some of that group that just look odd. I can get my visual and aural fix from SNSD and others.

Hey Maxvla, thanks again for the Park Ji Yoon post. I know you weren't posting Park Ji Yoon's 2009 album, but it helped me find it. It's just beautiful. I even asked my girlfriend in Korea to help get a CD for me. Now if only I can find more music with such a similar soulful sound. Olivia Ong, Park Ji Yoon, Loveholic, Do As Infinity, and Tanya Chua are my current favorite female vocals and I'm looking for more.

This song even brought tears to my girlfriend's eyes.

Great ups with the Thai music and everything. I never really got my introduction in music from Thailand. Keep up the posting folks. I have a disease and the only cure is more music.

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #207 of 2,994

Quote:

Unfortunately, I am unable to enjoy productions done by SNSD... Not because of musical quality or appearance, but because of something else

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #208 of 2,994

Quote:
Unfortunately, I am unable to enjoy productions done by SNSD... Not because of musical quality or appearance, but because of something else

Too many members in the group?  Just guessing here, was one of the first things I found distracting when I started listening.  Always get the impression the producers try to add members to fill every niche profile.  Doesn't AKB48 have like 48 members?

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #210 of 2,994
Too many members in the group?  Just guessing here, was one of the first things I found distracting when I started listening.  Always get the impression the producers try to add members to fill every niche profile.  Doesn't AKB48 have like 48 members?

AKB48 is 3 groups of 16 with a hierarchy. I can't really stand any of their music and it's not because of the number of members.

@Wind

No problem. I'd not heard her recent stuff. It's nice a soothing.

--

Oh btw, Seohyun ftw.

seo_hyun_cabi_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back