Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
May 31, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #1,579 of 2,994
  Interesting, it seams Kazakstan's mainstream music is similar to East Asian music like KPOP.  Is Kazakstan people classified as caucasian race or asian?

Kazakhs are mongoloids, they are relatives to mongols though their language belongs to the Turkic family. Kazakhs sing in Kazakh or Russian languages. K-pop is basically American style ( R&B, rap etc) so in Kazakhstan reference is more America and Europe than Eastern Asia.

Relative numbers of speakers of Turkic languages

​

​
 ​
Turkish   
43%
Azerbaijani   
15%
Uzbek   
14%
Kazakh   
10%
Uyghur   
6%
Turkmen   
4%
Tatar   
3%
Kyrgyz   
2%
Other   
3%

The closest to Kazakhs from these nationalities are Kyrgyz and Uyghurs. Tatars look like Europeans already ( for example, tennis player Marat Safin is a tatar). 

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #1,580 of 2,994
Here's some really good Epik High:

Jun 19, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #1,582 of 2,994
It's hard to find Japanese music that is well produced and not a compressed mess.

here are some suggestions both old and new:

This artist's name is Beni, she's just awesome. (her unplugged album is the one that sounds best)

ANZENCHITAI - Wine Red No Kokoro.

And a couple from my all time favorite japanese artist: Tatsuro yamashi-ta (added the dash because the swearfilter thinks I'm swearing)

want more?

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #1,584 of 2,994
size]

*posting these here in Asian music thread b/c 2hu=東方=eastern despite the genres not really fitting in with kpop/jpop sound.

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #1,586 of 2,994

*posting these here in Asian music thread b/c 2hu=東方=eastern despite the genres not really fitting in with kpop/jpop sound.

There is no genre specifications in this thread--you can post any genre as long as it's Asian. We've had anything from extremely obscure underground avant-garde, traditional ethnic, metal, pop, jazz, electronic, prog, to everything else in this thread. 

Originally Posted by Tad-Bravo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ANZENCHITAI - Wine Red No Kokoro.

And a couple from my all time favorite japanese artist: Tatsuro yamashi-ta (added the dash because the swearfilter thinks I'm swearing)

I'm a huge fan of both. I tend to like their more upbeat songs though:

Here's Yamashi-ta's "Let's dance, Fish," used as the music for a photo slideshow. This songs always puts me in a great mood:

Here's one of my favorite funkier songs from Anzen Chitai:

Of course, everyone knows this one (from the same album), which is one of their most famous songs:

In fact, that whole album is awesome. More from it:

A couple  from the Taiyo album:

Tamaki Koji's solo stuff is pretty funky too:

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #1,587 of 2,994
Anzen Chitai and Tatsuro Yama****a (from Tad-Bravo's post), brilliant. Also enjoyed the Kazakstan stuff.

In the same vein is Off Course, if one is not familiar with Off Course then one should know Sayonara

Some TheThe (the incarnation with Han Hee Jung)

There is a great acoustic cover of Somewhere over the Rainbow on the 3rd album. Grooveshark should get you there.

And Jang Pil Soon.

Have nothing to add. Just enjoying the new stuff coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back