Asian Food-Fi
Oct 11, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #47 of 99
I'm Indian and I love Indian food lol
jecklinsmile.gif
Specially North Indian

Since I'm pure vegetarian I can't go deep into Chinese food .Though I love Chinese .
regarding Japanese ,I didn't like Sushi (veg) a bit and I didn't like Nori weed at all .

Oct 13, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #48 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cant believe korean food hasnt been mentioned.
korean bbq is amazing. plus when you eat something at korean restaurants, you usually get like 5~10 little plates of side dishes.

I like Korean food, but it's overpriced. =T Korean BBQ is boring, I prefer their dishes instead.

Oct 13, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #50 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuge(original) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm Indian and I love Indian food lol
jecklinsmile.gif
Specially North Indian

North Indian Food is the king of all Indian Food, followed closely by Maharashtran (my family's home area), and a few choice dishes from South Indian Cuisine.

I envy you and your close proximity to the N. Delhi Haldiram's outlet. I went there on my last vacation a year ago, and my tongue felt like it died and went to heaven. I could eat their Paneer dishes day in and day out.

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #51 of 99
My mom's food is pretty good. It's less oily than Chinese food you'd normally find, and just feels better to eat.

I LIKE EGGS ONIONS PEPPERS AND CHICKEN

I'll be happy with those in just about anything my mom makes.

Oh yeah and I like other asian food too, although I haven't gotten to try much of any of them. I like the Indian food like curry and stuff, although I'm not sure if that's what they usually eat. Japanese food and Korean food are okay, but I didn't get enough of a representation to really decide.

Is Mediterranean food asian? That stuff's good.

This post makes me sound really stupid, but I honestly couldn't think of any better way to word it.

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #52 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My mom's food is pretty good. It's less oily than Chinese food you'd normally find, and just feels better to eat.

I LIKE EGGS ONIONS PEPPERS AND CHICKEN

I'll be happy with those in just about anything my mom makes.

Oh yeah and I like other asian food too, although I haven't gotten to try much of any of them. I like the Indian food like curry and stuff, although I'm not sure if that's what they usually eat. Japanese food and Korean food are okay, but I didn't get enough of a representation to really decide.

Is Mediterranean food asian? That stuff's good.

Mediterranean would, technically, be "Eurasia" ...

(And I concur. Pretty much the best all around food (nutrition wise) that can be found comes from the Greeks, the Egyptians and their ilk. Baba Ganoush, Hummus, Feta Cheese, Olive oil ... plain but well prepared beef and chicken ... so rustic and so good.

But I'm thinking this thread is more so about the sort of fare that I had today ...

Spicy Tuna Roll! Spicy Salmon Roll!

Sushi.

Yum.

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #53 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really happy that there're some Vietnamese here. I'm the only Vietnamese in my school
frown.gif
I really feel lonely here
frown.gif

You need to move to Portland. I just looked at my molecular biology roster and I have seven classmates with the last name Nguyen, in that class alone. We have some GREAT Vietnamese restaurants in the city as well. In fact I am just getting ready to go and grab some pho
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #54 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really happy that there're some Vietnamese here. I'm the only Vietnamese in my school
frown.gif
I really feel lonely here
frown.gif

Hue is a big city in Vietnam and it has many delicious food there. It's a pity I haven't got chances to visit it.

<3 Pho! The best time to eat Pho is during cold days... and winter is just around the corner yay!

Oct 14, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #55 of 99
Quote:

korean bbq is amazing. plus when you eat something at korean restaurants, you usually get like 5~10 little plates of side dishes.

10-12 kimchis and rice and I'm happy!

Oct 14, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #56 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex1pdx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to move to Portland. I just looked at my molecular biology roster and I have seven classmates with the last name Nguyen, in that class alone. We have some GREAT Vietnamese restaurants in the city as well. In fact I am just getting ready to go and grab some pho
bigsmile_face.gif

I was really happy when Ohio Wesleyan Uni accepted because they have the most Vietnamese of all the colleges & uni. However, my school offers a better scholarship and I chose it.... Nothing perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by david21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<3 Pho! The best time to eat Pho is during cold days... and winter is just around the corner yay!

Stop making me drool, please
frown.gif

Actually, I brought some instant noodle that taste like Pho along when I came here. Still can enjoy it somehow
redface.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #57 of 99
Quote:

Errr you have reminded me ! Korean bbq is also good.
popcorn.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #58 of 99
Korean BBQ gets old, lol. I used to eat it way too often.

Hae Dup Bap is the bomb, lol.

Oct 16, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #60 of 99
I frequently crave prawn tempura sushi, goyza, miso, salmon (or any really) ramen, anything hoisin based, Negima-Yakitori, a good fried rice with chinese sausage and pork, duck cooked so many times it has to taste good, laksa... actually I could just keep filling this thread up all night... but I think I have to go find something to eat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back