ASG-2, CK100Pro, UE900 and FA-4E XB [reviews] - The dysfunctional family
Jan 2, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #76 of 127
Haha, thx. Well I do listen mostly to alternative/rock/pop so why not use what I know? Will however mix things up a bit with some electronic and choose songs with higher sound quality for upcoming reviews when I have the time between work, studies, kid. Btw, I find the songs from Define the great line to be some of the most demanding music from iems. They kind of require almost a neutral sound signature with a slightly elevated bass. Separation has to be well above average to not sound congested and the vocals/growls will quickly show softness in the upper midrange. So it's a great song to evaluate. Great song period.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #77 of 127
Can you compare the asg2 vs phonak 232? Does the asg play metal(linkin park and nightwish) and vocals well? Heard that they are muddy and overly dark

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #78 of 127
Never heard the Phonak 232. But I don't like ASG-2 for metal. I find it too soft in the upper treble even though it does retain some kind of edge through treble. The ASG-2 isn't really muddy. It is kind of dark and it's not really suited for aggressive music with distorted electric guitars unless you really want fatigue free listening. Now I've reverted back to comply tips because I couldn't stand the sibilance. So I pick the ASG-2 at times when I want to have a fatigue free, relaxed listening session. 

My go-to iem right now is the FA-4E. It's basically what the UE900 should've been. Will write some new review when I don't have my examination work to write etc. But if you overall like the UE900 with blocked pinholes but you want more sub bass, more forward upper mids, better detailing and a larger soundstage they might be for you.

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #79 of 127
Man, trying the fa4e in Vietnam is impossible, I like 1plus2 signature which is the best for me but cant afford it, having the 3dd now but the soundstage is kinda weird and already nonfatigue, want sth a bit more aggressive

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #81 of 127
Gave it to my friend though, too bright for me

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #83 of 127
REally nice but kinda fragile and uncomfortable sometimes due to the housing shape, it's somehow more exciting than my w4, but the treble needs a bit more sparkle and. Want some more weight in the bass

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #84 of 127
That's the FA-4E! Kind of. Weightier bass that's not bloated and maybe not more "sparkle" per se but definitely better details in the upper mids giving fundamentals to cymbals and overtones to distorted guitars and more edge to brass etc. So if you like the UE900 but feel that it's a bit dull and you want more of it, that's what I would call the FA-4E.

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #85 of 127
But damn, there is no way i could try them in Vietnam, maybe Singapore should have them

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #90 of 127
Me too ! ^_^

The guru of FA4 is everywhere the FA4 are...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back