ASG-2, CK100Pro, UE900 and FA-4E XB [reviews] - The dysfunctional family
May 26, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #122 of 127
So if I could find 10 Brits who wanted to pay 578 pounds for a pair of SE846, I could deliver them in person.... (although that would only cover the airfare - someone would have to have a couch and $$ for the pub)

May 26, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #126 of 127
££ for the pub
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
 Not available on my keyboard - but after a few brews, $ may begin to look like L + -

May 28, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #127 of 127
Refers to one of two things...  Rolling the tip physically to loosen it before insertion, can change seal...  I don't think that's what he's referring to.  Tips change the sound of IEMs, not all silicone tips are created equal and can change the seal, distance (of the driver to the ear drum), etc. of the IEM.  Some IEMs are more sensitive to tip changes while others are not.  Using different tips can change the sound of an IEM greatly, playing around with those can help quite a bit. 

Thanks a lot for your help, will have to experiment when they arrive!

All I know is that I love my Hydra-4 from NocturnaL Audio. But the shipping is steep. I'd say tip rolling is #1 and then you should also have the source you want before you start swapping cables. Because to my ears cables are a clear 3rd when it comes to the FA-4E.

Any tip suggestions? I have the comply tx500 with the wax guard, should I take the foam guard out?

There are quite a few posts about tips in the FA-4E thread! I replied there as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back