asd
Jan 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 10
none of the above.

I'll let others chime in on your options... just wanted to clear the board on what you previously thought was high end audio. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 10
You should try to read a bit more about IEMs before throwing $350, otherwise you could be up for a big disappointment if you pick up one with a sound signature you may not like.
Or maybe you could start with less expensive IEMs to experience for yourself, before jumping to top-tier ones.

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 10
OOO you have $350 dollars. you can get a custom in ear monitor for that money!!! Get these! http://www.heiraudio.com/article_99.html I am saving up so I can get those... one day..

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
You should try to read a bit more about IEMs before throwing $350, otherwise you could be up for a big disappointment if you pick up one with a sound signature you may not like.
Or maybe you could start with less expensive IEMs to experience for yourself, before jumping to top-tier ones.

^^^^

You may want to start with something a bit cheaper and give yourself room to experiment. MPTCs and Gs are generally pretty well regarded but you can get something extremely good for half the price... VSonic GR07, DBA-02 (or Brainwavz B2), JVC FXT90, Future Sonic Atrios, UETF10s, HiFiMan RE-262s, etc etc etc...all different sounds for the most part (and all cheaper than your Monsters too). Do some more reading and I'll 2nd the idea to start lower and develop your sound signature preferences more clearly. They may not be Robs definition of 'high end audio' but for the price point these are great phones.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 10
^^^^

You may want to start with something a bit cheaper and give yourself room to experiment. MPTCs and Gs are generally pretty well regarded but you can get something extremely good for half the price... VSonic GR07, DBA-02 (or Brainwavz B2), JVC FXT90, Future Sonic Atrios, UETF10s, HiFiMan RE-262s, etc etc etc...all different sounds for the most part (and all cheaper than your Monsters too). Do some more reading and I'll 2nd the idea to start lower and develop your sound signature preferences more clearly. They may not be Robs definition of 'high end audio' but for the price point these are great phones.

I agree. you should start small and work up. You never know, maybe a $150 IEM would blow your mind with quality :p

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 10
There are some excellent IEMs for under $40. Consider the Soundmagic E10 and E30 for example.

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
 You never know, maybe a $150 IEM would blow your mind with quality :p

With the contenders available, I don't think that's far fetched at all. Mid-range selections seem to offer some really incredible value and performance at this time...

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #9 of 10
I've now decided to get one of these. I'm not gonna use any more time to find my preferrncs etc, I feel confident both of these will be very enjoyable for me.

My question is; if I get the MDs for bass, will I lose a lot of detail and other qualities that are important for ambient electronica and similar? How different are they? And do the Coppers have much less bass than MDs?

Thanks for thhe help btw, but I'm tired of searching.

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #10 of 10
It looks like you just piled every Monster IEM you could find into one spot, I'm surprised you actually did any searching. I think if you read the Coppers thread or the MD thread you'll find answers; I don't have them so I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back