880smile.png
880smile.png
880smile.png
880smile.png
880smile.png

Oct 28, 2005 at 7:09 AM Post #17 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by canloader
Wow - Almost 5000 posts and just discovering one of the greatest current production dynamic headphone. Trip me out. You will be stoked when they arrive. Happy Listening -!

Well... I've seen them before, but never really seen them before, if you know what I mean. Somehow Beyerdynamic always seemed to be some unknown company, or something. Kinda strange.

No absolute guarantee I'm getting them... Holidays are coming up, I'm short of funds... if I do get 'em, it'll be with some help.

Oct 28, 2005 at 8:26 AM Post #19 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Arrrr... dunno what happened to me tonight. I was casually browsing through the forum and came upon a mention of Beyerdynamic DT880. I've never looked too closely at these headphones before, so I browsed on over to Headroom & was looked at pics, frequency graphs, checked out other reviews here, etc. All of a sudden I am LUSTING for these headphones. LUSTING, man. I must have them, if necessary I will sell my... err, never mind this is a "G" rated forum.
biggrin.gif
Anyway... anyone ever had this kind of thing happen before?
confused.gif

all the time, and too often... My coworker bought the DT880 a few months ago and I got to listen to them. Luckily(?) they weren't my cup of tea. But now that you've brought them up again, I may have to try them again.

Oct 28, 2005 at 8:28 AM Post #20 of 105
Everyone has their own taste and there is no universally good headphone. I am very happy with my beyerdynamic 831, but i should mention that the 880's were out of my price range (i accidentialy listened to them, because i thought there was a problem with the equipment in the listening area, turned out to be noise on the recording, but i didn't listen long enough, because i didn't want to, they sounded ok though)

Oct 28, 2005 at 8:42 AM Post #22 of 105
Oh man... this is killing me, I neeeeeeeeeeed a pair of these...

880.jpg

Gaah... looks gorgeous, and every review I've read tells me I will love the sound. I'm a huge fan of 'airy' sound, and someone said these are almost too airy. No such thing! Ohhh gimme gimme gimme...
icon10.gif

P.S. I actually want one with the coiled cord... word is it's light, and coiled = nothing to trip over or the cat to start playing with.

Will probably know by tomorrow if I can get one, then I can pay for it in about a week.

Oct 28, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #23 of 105
I also orderred them yesterday as an upgrade for DT-770s

Oct 28, 2005 at 8:58 AM Post #26 of 105
Ohhh, the p**n... my mother told me never to look at stuff like this!
lambda.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 9:02 AM Post #27 of 105
Hey, Elephas, does the cardas cable make any difference?. I find hard to believe that a cable can change the sound so much (as people here describe)!!. I guess I'll have to try...

Oct 28, 2005 at 9:08 AM Post #28 of 105
Sorry fewtch, this thread is too funny to resist.

Beyerdynamics in combat against the AKG/Senn horde. OK, OK, only one K501 and two Senns in the photo. My DT880 is the one in the middle with clean-looking pads and coiled cord.
biggrin.gif

IMG_0050.jpg

Oct 28, 2005 at 9:09 AM Post #29 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf
Hey, Elephas, does the cardas cable make any difference?. I find hard to believe that a cable can change the sound so much (as people here describe)!!. I guess I'll have to try...

Hi, that photo is not my DT880. It's a photo by Highflyin9, a member who does recables.

Aaargh, now I'm getting the urge to recable my DT880.

Oct 28, 2005 at 11:31 AM Post #30 of 105
Just to bring you back down to earth for a moment...judging by your comments in my HD650 review thread, are you so sure you really want the 880s? Everything I've read about the 880s make them sound like yet another pair of "hi fi" styled headphones, which is why I haven't leaped on them myself yet. I was very interested at first in the 880s, but after owning the SA5000s...I wasn't so sure I wanted yet another variation of that type of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back