Around $2000 DAC Selection Help
Dec 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Xanthos

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had any comments or comparisons between these 3 DSD DACs before I make a purchase:

Mytek STEREO192-DSD

Benchmark DAC2 HGC

Fostex HP-A8C

I can't seem to make a decision based on the reviews I've read. There has really been little discussion about any of these 3 around here, especially the Benchmark and Fostex.  Also, if I've missed any that should be considered, let me know. Thanks!

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 19
I've never seen NAD claim DSD capabilities with the M51. Is this new with a firmware update or something?

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 19
http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-7/M7EN.htm
ph34r.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #6 of 19
Hi! If you want DAC2 HGC I can sell mine which is bought 4days ago with a lower price, completely new actually. If interesting in, please contact me.
My mail box is 521wangqifan@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #8 of 19
Thanks for the suggestions everybody, anything additional is always appreciated. I guess no one is really heard or compared the three that I mentioned. I'll look into some of the ones that have been posted so far.

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 19
I think it will be a fantastic choice as this is a sweetspot for quality based on the list you gave. The recommendations are also in the price range of your list. BTW, I was quoted $2099 and possibly a bit more off if I talk to the boss for a new Lynx, so it is there in price.

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:
I think it will be a fantastic choice as this is a sweetspot for quality based on the list you gave. The recommendations are also in the price range of your list. BTW, I was quoted $2099 and possibly a bit more off if I talk to the boss for a new Lynx, so it is there in price.

Do you work for them?

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #12 of 19
Do you work for them?
Trying to show you (or anyone gaining information from this thread) the list price is not the sell price and that the sell price is in your range. No I don't work for them. I'm decided to buy one shortly and it fits your request for a DSD DAC in the budget mentioned. :wink:

Good luck!

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:
Trying to show you (or anyone gaining information from this thread) the list price is not the sell price and that the sell price is in your range. No I don't work for them. I'm decided to buy one shortly and it fits your request for a DSD DAC in the budget mentioned.
wink.gif

Good luck!

Always appreciated, thanks!

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #14 of 19
i was looking at the Mytek too.

W4S is a contender for me as well as the W4S MPRE with the integrated headphone opp:

W4S DAC-2

http://www.wyred4sound.com/webapps/p/74030/117839/457975

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had any comments or comparisons between these 3 DSD DACs before I make a purchase:

Mytek STEREO192-DSD

Benchmark DAC2 HGC

Fostex HP-A8C

I can't seem to make a decision based on the reviews I've read. There has really been little discussion about any of these 3 around here, especially the Benchmark and Fostex.  Also, if I've missed any that should be considered, let me know. Thanks!

how is your search going?  did you order anything yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back