Aroma audio product impressions.
Sep 25, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #1,681 of 1,874
Aroma Fei Wan is inda house!
To my ears it’s the most musical but still very technical set Aroma ever made.
I can’t ask a better tuning, mids are to die, bass is punchy and fast but bodied and richer than Jewel bass.
Highs are natural never harsh or thin, and staging is incredible good, much better than 2500/4000$ set I heard.
I found my cup of tea, at least for now🤭

IMG_8556.jpeg

IMG_8557.jpeg

IMG_8558.jpeg
Well done ! 👍😉

Sep 26, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #1,682 of 1,874
I can’t ask a better tuning, mids are to die, bass is punchy and fast but bodied and richer than Jewel bass.
Highs are natural never harsh or thin, and staging is incredible good, much better than 2500/4000$ set I heard.

IMG_8556.jpeg

IMG_8557.jpeg

IMG_8558.jpeg
Will you do a detailed more comparison with Jewel coming?

Sep 26, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #1,683 of 1,874
Will you do a detailed more comparison with Jewel coming?
Unfortunately I don’t have Jewel with me anymore to write a better comparison…

Sep 26, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #1,684 of 1,874
Unfortunately I don’t have Jewel with me anymore to write a better comparison…
You found the SS to be wide?

I ask because another person earlier commented that its in SS that Fei Wan trails the Jewel.

As long as it is not perceived as narrow, I would consider getting it because the FR is up my alley (even though graphs aren’t be all and end all I know).

Sep 26, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #1,685 of 1,874
You found the SS to be wide?

I ask because another person earlier commented that its in SS that Fei Wan trails the Jewel.

As long as it is not perceived as narrow, I would consider getting it because the FR is up my alley (even though graphs aren’t be all and end all I know).
FEI WAN is easier to drive and yes sounds bigger, more impactful and less ethereal.
Jewel has more intimate stage and less bass presence due to a slightly recessed midbass, but again i'd have both with same sources to give you a better opinion. :)

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #1,686 of 1,874

IMG_8556.jpeg

IMG_8557.jpeg

IMG_8558.jpeg
oh! this comes to market already? don't know why but it seems aroma is not feature in most audio stores in hk recently so haven't seen this in person yet. the soft case seems quite interesting too i think fei wan costs more than us$4600?

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #1,687 of 1,874
Without pretending to want to teach anyone anything, I as lucky owner of Jewel, disagree in saying that it has low impact bass, and has an ethereal sound.
Jewel is an IEM that needs to have a source that gives it energy, and must be listened to at medium-high volumes.
In this way, Jewel shows all its potential, simply incredible.
These are a couple of examples: already with my SP3000, at medium-high volume (85/90 out of 150), Jewel is superb, with powerful, fast and always controlled bass, enormous, holographic soundstage, with a sound rich in detail and musicality .
Used with my A100TB amp, it becomes even more impressive, with incredible bass.
Jewel calls for an energetic listen.
Turn up the volume, please , and Jewel will become a beast that fears no one 😎

Sep 26, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #1,688 of 1,874
At 85/90 volume on my SP3000 I would probably just chuck my ears in a bin. Way too loud for my ears. I've found a pleasant volume at 49. But I do agree that my Tsuranagi does add quite a bit to the experience. So I agree that an amp does help noticeably but I wouldn't agree that self harming your ears is the best solution to enjoy them :p

Sep 26, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #1,689 of 1,874
Without pretending to want to teach anyone anything, I as lucky owner of Jewel, disagree in saying that it has low impact bass, and has an ethereal sound.
Jewel is an IEM that needs to have a source that gives it energy, and must be listened to at medium-high volumes.
In this way, Jewel shows all its potential, simply incredible.
These are a couple of examples: already with my SP3000, at medium-high volume (85/90 out of 150), Jewel is superb, with powerful, fast and always controlled bass, enormous, holographic soundstage, with a sound rich in detail and musicality .
Used with my A100TB amp, it becomes even more impressive, with incredible bass.
Jewel calls for an energetic listen.
Turn up the volume, please , and Jewel will become a beast that fears no one 😎
I could not agree with you more! Combine the Jewel with A100TB and there is no short of bass. In fact my favorite chain right now is Hifiman R2R2000(Hifi-LineOut mode)->A100TB->Jewel. Incredibly musical !

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #1,690 of 1,874
At 85/90 volume on my SP3000 I would probably just chuck my ears in a bin. Way too loud for my ears. I've found a pleasant volume at 49. But I do agree that my Tsuranagi does add quite a bit to the experience. So I agree that an amp does help noticeably but I wouldn't agree that self harming your ears is the best solution to enjoy them :p
at 49, you'll never feel Jewel's real potential.
And let's not exaggerate, ears are not so delicate.
Evidently you've never attended big rock concerts 😉

Sep 28, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #1,691 of 1,874
The new co flagship color scheme is bit flashy for the USA market I feel.

Will def check it out when able to but will be keeping the Jewel regardless as it's custom. I also have the RN6 custom on the way so my wallet been feeling a bit light as of late.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #1,692 of 1,874
Can Jewel owners please confirm there is no Y splitter that's adjustable on the stock cable?

On a side note, the Jewel and the Orphy is truly sublime. Holy cow.

Sound stage wider than a thick booty from the super hood strip clubs. The weighty mids along with the details packaged together for some pure bliss.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #1,693 of 1,874
Can Jewel owners please confirm there is no Y splitter that's adjustable on the stock cable?
Yes, there's a plastic slider piece that on the stock cable. if that's what you mean.
20231001_205744.jpg

i didn't plan to get any aroma product despite many recommendations that it's one of the most beautifully balance sound. i saw a 2nd hand listing last nite at a quite reasonable price so i went for it during the long weekend (HKers should support HK brand anyway :slight_smile:). the sound is good, maybe even great but i still found ragnar better (and i like the colored presentation of fitear titan even more!). i found it fairly sensitive (requires much less output in voltage than fitear titan or DC Ti to gets similar subjective loudness). the built and the aesthetic design (from my subjective view) couldn't justify the exceptionally high listed price . . . the seller told me the red soft case comes with the very 1st batch only.

btw, the bare stem without notch or proturd edge is really bad design! the ear tip on the left side kept sliding out and left in my ear when i pulling the iem out. why they can't made some sensible design to retain the ear tips in place (same bad experience as in vision ears erlkönig for me)?

Attachments

• 20231001_194215.jpg
    20231001_194215.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231001_193812.jpg
    20231001_193812.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #1,694 of 1,874
Yes, there's a plastic slider piece that on the stock cable. if that's what you mean.
20231001_205744.jpg
i didn't plan to get any aroma product despite many recommendations that it's one of the most beautifully balance sound. i saw a 2nd hand listing last nite at a quite reasonable price so i went for it anyway (HKers should support HK brand anyway :slight_smile:). the sound is good, maybe even great but i still found ragnar better (and i like the colored presentation of fitear titan even more!). i found it fairly sensitive (requires much less output in voltage than fitear titan or DC Ti to gets similar subjective loudness). the built and the aesthetic design could not (from my subjective view) couldn't justify the exceptionally high listed price . . . the seller told me the red soft case comes with the very 1st batch only.

btw, the bare stem without notch or proturd edge is really bad design! the ear tip on the left side kept sliding out and left in my ear when i pulling the iem out. why they can't made some sensible design to retain the ear tips in place (same bad experience as in vision ears erlkönig for me)?
Thanks for sharing. So looks like mine did not come with the Y splitter then. Jesus christ that is annoying.

Oct 1, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #1,695 of 1,874

Users who are viewing this thread

Back