Aroma audio product impressions.
Jul 12, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #946 of 1,895
Once you have asked the question, there is no turning back :wink:
Man dunno how it matches with N8ii but his little brother makes me crazy 😍

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #948 of 1,895
Man dunno how it matches with N8ii but my little brother makes me crazy 😍
Great to hear you are enjoying Jewel so much. Shame that you have to fill the classifieds with your collection but it's an expensive beast!

Jul 12, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #949 of 1,895
@Xinlisupreme @armstrj2 Eve

Too be honest I hope really good since ... 😅
@blotmouse compared cayin’s brothers and looks like they have different tuning, depends on music preferences also but N8ii would be better in almost every aspects.
@aaf evo loved Jewel with 1Z-M2 also that is still in my mind with P6P, I don’t skip N8ii at all but I’ll chose between what I’ll be able to demo.
Jewel fundraiser is started 😅

Jul 12, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #950 of 1,895
Great to hear you are enjoying Jewel so much. Shame that you have to fill the classifieds with your collection but it's an expensive beast!
I really can’t afford it without left some toys and considering how match with N6ii Ti only if I need cash I’ll sacrifice C9 also 😓

Jul 12, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #951 of 1,895
I really can’t afford it without left some toys and considering how match with N6ii Ti only if I need cash I’ll sacrifice C9 also 😓
I'm sure it will be worth it. It sounds like you are pretty impressed with Jewel.

Jul 12, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #952 of 1,895
Thunder is a great iem and match easier with almost everything I plugged in, Jewel is another beast can sound amazing or not , very source dependent IMHO.
I tested Jewel only few hours with Gryphon, RS6, N6ii ti T01 and N6ii Ti R01.
Latter has a great sinergy, you can’t even compare other sources result with R01.
Cable refine Jewel sound for sure but IMHO source is the most important thing.
Main differences are on level of transparency, detail retrival and timbre.
Thunder has a sort of veil compared to Jewel and mid bass isn’t correct as Aroma flagship.
If you’re looking for a warm iem don’t look at Jewel, because it’s neutral in positive way, still have Aroma DNA OFC, but everything is more refined and better tune.
I can’t believe how they tuned 6EST, highs timbre is incredible good as the rest of FR but this is my opinion with N6ii ti R01.
I suggest you a demo with some sources and I’m so curious now to try Jewel with P6P/LP6 and/or WM1Z-M2.
I had a short test with C9 before go to bed, sounds fantastic but jewel doesn’t look as a demanding iem even if has 6EST/6BA/1DD and 103db sensitivity.
My ring 💍 is for Jewel, no doubt!
(I hope my girlfriend will never read it)😅
magic

Jul 12, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #953 of 1,895
I'm sure it will be worth it. It sounds like you are pretty impressed with Jewel.
I’m very impressed maybe July is the earthquake month for my collection.
Last year I sold so many stuff after Thunder arrival, now is going to happen the same but fortunately I had this great opportunity to listen it before pull the trigger.
If I hadn’t all these listening experiences maybe I’d skip Jewel after first source matching but I was sure to insist and find a good matching.
R01 done it.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #954 of 1,895
I’m very impressed maybe July is the earthquake month for my collection.
Last year I sold so many stuff after Thunder arrival, now is going to happen the same but fortunately I had this great opportunity to listen it before pull the trigger.
If I hadn’t all these listening experiences maybe I’d skip Jewel after first source matching but I was sure to insist and find a good matching.
R01 done it.
OK but how was your feeling in August and when you had the Thunder ?
Now it's Part II
Mentally maybe not an easy decision but you did it already once before !
You got this ... 👊👊👊

Jul 12, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #955 of 1,895
OK but how was your feeling in August and when you had the Thunder ?
Now it's Part II
Mentally maybe not an easy decision but you did it already once before !
You got this ... 👊👊👊
I was happy enough with Thunder to forget everything I sold, no way and I following Jewel since was annouced as 6.6.1 in august… it’s time to stop dream 🤭
As my mentor says, 1 TOTL is better than many midtier or mid-TOTL
(Less is more)😉

Jul 12, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #956 of 1,895
I was happy enough with Thunder to forget everything I sold, no way and I following Jewel since was annouced as 6.6.1 in august… it’s time to stop dream 🤭
(Less is more)😉
I share his idea
I have tons of friends who think the opposite
Like them and many others in the budget range buying and buying to find the 'jewel' that's will give them a $ 2K sound while only paying $ 300.00 or less
It's not there and it never will
Why would you shoot yourself in your foot as a manufacturer ... ?
Now nothing wrong with their vision
But as we think or agree on ... jump a little further and try to leave you comfort zone
There's better out there
Now we do know where the Jewel is ... 😉👌

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #957 of 1,895
(Less is more)😉
Likewise for me. Those that I haven't sold are mostly customs which is hard to sell locally here in Singapore. But I'm definitely keeping my u12ts as something I can use anywhere, whenever and not be too worried about it getting damaged
After 2 weeks of trying Traillii and Odin, the 2 hours I had with Jewel kept me up at night enough for me to do an impulse buy with @MusicTeck instead of getting it locally cause the wait time is way longer lol

Jul 12, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #958 of 1,895
If you’re looking for a warm iem don’t look at Jewel, because it’s neutral in positive way, still have Aroma DNA OFC, but everything is more refined and better tune.
Bingo...jewel + another warm iem makes a killer all-around combo.

My ring 💍 is for Jewel, no doubt!
(I hope my girlfriend will never read it)😅
:smirk:

Happy listening!

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #959 of 1,895
Bingo...jewel + something warm makes a killer all-around combo.

:smirk:

Happy listening!
Boom - I agree. While Jewel + N8ii really is fabulous, I think pairing it with a slightly warm source brings out more of the magic. Unless you're totally into absolute resolution only, which the N8ii gives. P6P or LP6 is staggeringly good. I cannot recommend L&P with Jewel more.

I also agree, having one or two TOTL IEMs and selling everything else is a good choice. You only have two ears, and so many hours in the day, you can't listen to everything. Get the best and enjoy it!

Jul 13, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #960 of 1,895
Boom - I agree. While Jewel + N8ii really is fabulous, I think pairing it with a slightly warm source brings out more of the magic. Unless you're totally into absolute resolution only, which the N8ii gives. P6P or LP6 is staggeringly good. I cannot recommend L&P with Jewel more.

I also agree, having one or two TOTL IEMs and selling everything else is a good choice. You only have two ears, and so many hours in the day, you can't listen to everything. Get the best and enjoy it!
Same thought here about source, I’ll try to listen P6p and then I’ll decide if sell all my daps if it match good with my 3-4 keepers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back