Aroma audio product impressions.
Jul 11, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #931 of 1,895
What do I see here ?
Jewel delivered 4 days earlier ... 😲
Screenshot_2022-07-11-11-40-41-84_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #934 of 1,895
anyone have any idea if you prefer the Jewel on a warmer dap or a more neutral dap? Since I had an impulse purchase of the Jewel last night, figured I might as well go all out and maybe get the cayin n8ii. I tried the Jewels on my dx320 and it was really excellent, so not sure if I need to add some balance tube warmth to it. For the stuff I listen too, the magical female vocals really comes out with the Jewel and dx320 combo. Not sure if I would need a change to the n8ii or maybe get by with tube amp13 for the dx320

Jul 12, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #935 of 1,895
anyone have any idea if you prefer the Jewel on a warmer dap or a more neutral dap? Since I had an impulse purchase of the Jewel last night, figured I might as well go all out and maybe get the cayin n8ii. I tried the Jewels on my dx320 and it was really excellent, so not sure if I need to add some balance tube warmth to it. For the stuff I listen too, the magical female vocals really comes out with the Jewel and dx320 combo. Not sure if I would need a change to the n8ii or maybe get by with tube amp13 for the dx320
I would of loved to answer that since I did have the dx320 and Amp13 but someone decided to let a screw loose in my dx320 so I sent it back for an exchange :) maybe in a few days I’ll receive the new one. I don’t see how it could hurt just getting the Amp13 and if it doesn’t work out you can sell the whole thing or just the Amp13 depending on what you plan to do.

Jul 12, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #936 of 1,895
Good thing about N8ii is being able to make that decision when the mood takes you. I find myself switching between P+/ss and P/tubes/class A depending on what I'm listening to. Having had both 320 and N8ii with Jewel, N8ii is definitely a step up with similar flavour but more versatile in output.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #937 of 1,895
Good thing about N8ii is being able to alert that decision when the mood takes you. I find myself switching between P+/ss and P/tubes/class A depending on what I'm listening to. Having had both 320 and N8ii with Jewel, N8ii is definitely a step up with similar flavour but more versatile in output.
Any issues with it so far? Past few pages I’ve read on that thread are battery and dac usb 2 issues

Jul 12, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #938 of 1,895
Any issues with it so far? Past few pages I’ve read on that thread are battery and dac usb 2 issues
I believe that was user error or something to do with wrong cable being used. Zero battery issues for me nor being able to use it as external DAC.

Jul 12, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #939 of 1,895

The Jewel absolutely shines with the N8ii. But it's not at all a warm or tubey sounding DAP. I'd go so far as to call it neural/almost a bit cold, at least compared to something like the Sony or LP6. You can't go wrong with the N8ii, it's fabulous. The tubes are more of a timbre thing than warm or vintage sounding.

But if you want to try it with something warmer I would suggest the Sony WM1ZM2. I haven't heard any of the Ibasso stuff, so I can't comment. LP6 is on another level, but so is the price. N8ii doubles down on the revealing nature of the Jewel. LP6 is more musical and powerful sohngkng.

Jul 12, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #940 of 1,895
The Jewel absolutely shines with the N8ii. But it's not at all a warm or tubey sounding DAP. I'd go so far as to call it neural/almost a bit cold, at least compared to something like the Sony or LP6. You can't go wrong with the N8ii, it's fabulous. The tubes are more of a timbre thing than warm or vintage sounding.

But if you want to try it with something warmer I would suggest the Sony WM1ZM2. I haven't heard any of the Ibasso stuff, so I can't comment. LP6 is on another level, but so is the price. N8ii doubles down on the revealing nature of the Jewel. LP6 is more musical and powerful sohngkng.
perhaps i will wait till my Jewel arrives before making anymore impulse purchases. I love Sony's sound but instead of upgrading to the m2, I got the dx320 instead. The ROHM dacs are really impressive, to my ears these are superior to ESS AKM daps that I've heard

Jul 12, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #941 of 1,895
perhaps i will wait till my Jewel arrives before making anymore impulse purchases. I love Sony's sound but instead of upgrading to the m2, I got the dx320 instead. The ROHM dacs are really impressive, to my ears these are superior to ESS AKM daps that I've heard

Always better to wait and see how you like what you already have :)

Again, I haven't heard the ibasso but from what everyone says, the N8ii is a level above. That's not to say you could prefer the vibe of one over the other, but it terms of pure ability the N8ii wins no contest. There's also the factor that you already own of them, so that's a win.

Jul 12, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #942 of 1,895
Blue sisters at home today, thanks to an Italian friend that lent me his Jewel 💎
It’s totally my cup of tea and I can’t resist, I need it, this means I’d sadly left some stuff😓
Jewel with N6ii Ti R01 is crazy!!!

1561C3DD-DCF2-4D40-9E19-21D46DCAF62A.jpeg
838AA22D-3289-42D0-9969-9E6BD4E6E4A2.jpeg
AE2D93C5-1BAD-4769-9E40-D68764BE9771.jpeg
A905DFC3-F3D8-4304-A35F-568B4854891C.jpeg

Jul 12, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #943 of 1,895
Blue sisters at home today, thanks to an Italian friend that lent me his Jewel 💎
It’s totally my cup of tea and I can’t resist, I need it, this means I’d sadly left some stuff😓
Jewel with N6ii Ti R01 is crazy!!!

Ok ok.... I've gotta know... how much better than the Thunder (scared to hear your answer -- scared for my wallet that is).

I'm highly enjoying the Moonlight the last couple days... that price is more my budget unfortunately 😕

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #944 of 1,895
Thunder is a great iem and match easier with almost everything I plugged in, Jewel is another beast can sound amazing or not , very source dependent IMHO.
I tested Jewel only few hours with Gryphon, RS6, N6ii ti T01 and N6ii Ti R01.
Latter has a great sinergy, you can’t even compare other sources result with R01.
Cable refine Jewel sound for sure but IMHO source is the most important thing.
Main differences are on level of transparency, detail retrival and timbre.
Thunder has a sort of veil compared to Jewel and mid bass isn’t correct as Aroma flagship.
If you’re looking for a warm iem don’t look at Jewel, because it’s neutral in positive way, still have Aroma DNA OFC, but everything is more refined and better tune.
I can’t believe how they tuned 6EST, highs timbre is incredible good as the rest of FR but this is my opinion with N6ii ti R01.
I suggest you a demo with some sources and I’m so curious now to try Jewel with P6P/LP6 and/or WM1Z-M2.
I had a short test with C9 before go to bed, sounds fantastic but jewel doesn’t look as a demanding iem even if has 6EST/6BA/1DD and 103db sensitivity.
My ring 💍 is for Jewel, no doubt!
(I hope my girlfriend will never read it)😅

Jul 12, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #945 of 1,895
Ok ok.... I've gotta know... how much better than the Thunder (scared to hear your answer -- scared for my wallet that is).

I'm highly enjoying the Moonlight the last couple days... that price is more my budget unfortunately 😕
Once you have asked the question, there is no turning back :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back