Army-Fi?
Aug 26, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by srozzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canadien mounties? Salvation Army? Dumbledore's Army? United States of America Army?

Not so much...
Israeli Defence Forces...
Mandatory is 3 years for boy and 2 years for girl. You join the army once you finish your high school and turn 18.
The salary isn't high, it varies from 80$ to 200$ and there are exceptions that you get 250$ or so (it is decided how much you get based on level of risk). This salary rate is only when you're in the regular service time (3yrs BOYS 2yrs GIRLS), if you want to stay in the army after you get a higher salary.

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #17 of 41
Interesting responses. Does anyone here participate in the reserves? I've been thinking about going into the Army's JAG Reserve some time in 2009. I've been considering it for a few years, but next year would work out well for me.

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting responses. Does anyone here participate in the reserves? I've been thinking about going into the Army's JAG Reserve some time in 2009. I've been considering it for a few years, but next year would work out well for me.

what is the Army's JAG Reserve? How old were you when you joined the army? Or how old will you be when you join the army?

Aug 26, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #19 of 41
US ARMY 6 years in have 4 left
smily_headphones1.gif
loving it

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #20 of 41
One thing I don't get about the US army.
Are the Marines part of the army? Are the Rangers part of the army? What's the difference between those two?

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:43 AM Post #21 of 41
I think the marines are separate, and go into a hostile zone first, ahead of the army? correct me if im wrong

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Reserves can be great, but be prepared to be activated to either go A) downrange or, B) some installation either CONUS OR OCONUS for upwards of a year or more.

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I don't get about the US army.
Are the Marines part of the army? Are the Rangers part of the army? What's the difference between those two?

1) The Marines are a part of the Department of the Navy.

2) The Rangers are a part of the Army.

3) A "Marine" is a name given to anyone in the Marines, be they paper-pushers or combat arms. The "Rangers" is an elite (but not quite up there with Special Forces) group of usually Infantrymen specialized in combat operations with in the US Army.

Aug 27, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #24 of 41
Donovan:

The army life ought to be a stipulation
twenty-five years probation
and at the end of it -
a copy of the Rules and Regulations.

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #26 of 41
update: tomorrow I'm finally joining the army.
Anyone else here joined the army since I opened this thread?

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #27 of 41
Mounties =  RCMP. They look funny with their red coats and camp hats, yeah, but that's about the same thing as your Marines Dress Blues.
Speaking of Marines... I got one of their boonies. In terms of those watchcaps worn by them recons, I guess I can go pick up a black tuque anytime now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back