Arizona (Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria/Scottsdale etc) meet : round 2 for the summer?
Mar 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #32 of 81
If someone local is willing to take the reins and set a firm date/location, I think quite a few members are still interested.

Apr 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #34 of 81
I'm certainly very interested in attending a meet in the Phoenix area.  I've never been to one before so wouldn't know the first thing about how to organize one.  Hopefully someone will pick this up and run with it!

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #36 of 81
Just throwing this out there!  Our friends in NY have a sort of purse of funds that they re-cycle to hold their meets.  Basically they ask for sponsorship donations in the form of product from vendors who can also attend said meets.  Not-so-silent auctions are held to move these products and the proceeds are then funneled in to pay for the accommodations and various expenses.  The leftovers are saved for the next meet.  Since most people hate me I would probably be the least good person to be in charge of this!

I know it's a bit off our locals' level of prestige right now but it's a decent model nonetheless and something worth mentioning.

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #37 of 81
Quote:
Just throwing this out there!  Our friends in NY have a sort of purse of funds that they re-cycle to hold their meets.  Basically they ask for sponsorship donations in the form of product from vendors who can also attend said meets.  Not-so-silent auctions are held to move these products and the proceeds are then funneled in to pay for the accommodations and various expenses.  The leftovers are saved for the next meet.  Since most people hate me I would probably be the least good person to be in charge of this!

I know it's a bit off our locals' level of prestige right now but it's a decent model nonetheless and something worth mentioning.

Indeed it is. As you said though, it's a bit off, but a great model to use for a future meet. I don't think I would be able to control such caliber of a meet, so that would rule me out of being in charge as well.

May 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #39 of 81
Quote:
Where was the last Arizona meet held?  How many showed up? 

The Burton Barr Central Phoenix Public Library. It was a nice attendance with about 20-25 people if I recall correctly. It's our planned spot for the next meet. Food and drinks weren't permitted last meet, but that will change this meet.

May 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #41 of 81
Quote:

I am hesitant to step forward to organize an Arizona meet similar to my past events. For the last meet, many of the attendees were unable or decided not to contribute to help offset expenses. One of the venders did donate product for a silent auction. The proceeds from the auction helped but did not fully offset the cost of the meet. Given this history, it seems unlikely we would have any leftovers. I would consider organizing another meet If there was greater member participation. Generally interest in a local meet seems limited these days.

May 5, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #42 of 81
Quote:

I am hesitant to step forward to organize an Arizona meet similar to my past events. For the last meet, many of the attendees were unable or decided not to contribute to help offset expenses. One of the venders did donate product for a silent auction. The proceeds from the auction helped but did not fully offset the cost of the meet. Given this history, it seems unlikely we would have any leftovers. I would consider organizing another meet If there was greater member participation. Generally interest in a local meet seems limited these days.

That was of the reasons the last meet we organized wasn't held at a hotel. It was in talks, but it just didn't seem like it would work best for the amount of attendees.

May 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #44 of 81
Quote:
What is the ratio of equipment displayed by attendees vs vendors?

Anyone want to come to Sedona?

I'd drive up from Scottsdale but I'd like to see a list of vendors first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back