Arizona Meet - Saturday 9/25/10
Aug 10, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #16 of 128
Awesome!

Do folks bring IEM's to these? I could bring some alcohol pads and the little ear wax cleaner from my Ety's if that would make it kosher. Also, I have an Auzentech Forte, but it's in my pc of course. Is that something people bring or no? As for hardware, I can offer...

Sony NWZ-S616F
Zune HD

Sennheiser HD580
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10
Etymotic ER6i

I've got a buddy who would probably like to come as well, not sure if he's a head-fier tho.

Aug 11, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #17 of 128
Quote:
Awesome!

Do folks bring IEM's to these? I could bring some alcohol pads and the little ear wax cleaner from my Ety's if that would make it kosher. Also, I have an Auzentech Forte, but it's in my pc of course. Is that something people bring or no? As for hardware, I can offer...

Sony NWZ-S616F
Zune HD

Sennheiser HD580
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10
Etymotic ER6i

I've got a buddy who would probably like to come as well, not sure if he's a head-fier tho.

Cool! If you want to bring your IEM's please do. For the benefit of other members it would be nice to have the means to clean the tips. I would reconsider using any form of alcohol for cleaning as it has the tendency to break down the material. The general consensus is to use soap and water. Silicone tips are easy to dry
basshead.gif
but foam is another matter even in Arizona!

Your friend is welcome to attend. Please let us know if you are bringing a guest.

Aug 12, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #18 of 128
I got in touch with Balderon and am planning to attend. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Also, I might be picking up a Nuforce Icon HDP dac/amp combo prior to the event (pending wife approval lol). Hopefully I can get it and bring it since it seems to be a pretty well reviewed and competent combo at a nice value.

-Dave

@ Balderon - looking forward to checking out your maxed WA6

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #19 of 128
Sounds like a good time, but I won't be able to make it. The 25th I'll be tied up all day with various activities, including that ASU football game. Maybe next go 'round!

Aug 13, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #20 of 128

Quote:
The general consensus is to use soap and water. Silicone tips are easy to dry
basshead.gif
but foam is another matter even in Arizona!

Your friend is welcome to attend. Please let us know if you are bringing a guest.

Sounds good. I assume we'll have soap and water available to us? Also, my friend will be in attendance.

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #21 of 128
This sounds good to me. I can bring AKG K701, Beyer DT 880 Pro, Denon D5000 (markl), Denon D1001, Grado SR225i, Ming Da MC84-C07 amp, Audio-gd C2C amp and PS Audio DL III DAC. I'll also have a Macbook with Pure Music running on it.

BTW, Sid-fi I'd love a chance to hear the Nuforce HDP, hope you can convince the wife before then. 

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #23 of 128
Of the DACs I have heard, the Cullen/PS Audio is by far my favorite. It certainly brings the WA6 and Bijou to a different level.

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #24 of 128

Quote:

Balderon - I was just reading up on the Cullen mod'ed PS Audio DAC. It seems to
be quite the unit. Can't wait to hear it.

Agreed. I auditioned a stage 4 modded digital link 3 and was definitely impressed with it. I especially like how you can pick up the stock unit and save over time before modding it as well.

Aug 14, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #25 of 128
Quote:
Sounds like a good time, but I won't be able to make it. The 25th I'll be tied up all day with various activities, including that ASU football game. Maybe next go 'round!

It's seems several folks are also ASU fans and are attending the game. We're sorry you can't make it. The next event will be when ASU has an away game! 
wink_face.gif

Aug 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #26 of 128
I am bringing: Beyer DT-48, Grado SR-125, Alessandro MS1 (quarter modded), Bose In Ear, SM Pro Q-AMP (4 channel pro audio headphone amp), MacBook Pro, Sansa Clip +, and an external hard disk.  

I also found a budget headphone that I think will impress some people for the $10 price tag. I want to compare it to KSC75 if anyone can bring a pair. 

Aug 14, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #28 of 128
There's a fair chance I'll be moving to Yuma in the next few weeks. If it happens, I'll head over to the meet. I'll bring along the Zana, SA8001 and all of the headphones. I'll bring another amp or two if I can finish them, and can bring a few other sources, if needed. I'll keep you guys posted.

Aug 15, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #29 of 128
Quote:
balderon - thanks for putting this together.  should be a fun time...let me and the others here know how we can help.

It's been fun organizing the event. Thank you so much for offering to help. Right now everything is on track. If something comes up, I'll not hesitate to ask for assistance.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Aug 15, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #30 of 128
Quote:
There's a fair chance I'll be moving to Yuma in the next few weeks. If it happens, I'll head over to the meet. I'll bring along the Zana, SA8001 and all of the headphones. I'll bring another amp or two if I can finish them, and can bring a few other sources, if needed. I'll keep you guys posted.

Let us know what happens. Hope you can make it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back