Arizona Meet - Saturday 9/25/10
Aug 15, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #31 of 128
Jeff, great job organizing this. I love how the first post shows all of the hotel details already and an up-to-date list of attendees and gear. Nice job. 

-Dave

Aug 15, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #32 of 128
Thanks Dave. It's been a long time since the last meet. I am pleased to see the interest growing!

Today I turned on one of my amps I have not powered for several months. At that moment the fuse failed. After careful inspection I determined it was likely caused by the age of the fuse (over a year old) and higher than normal start up current. I would not be surprised to see other fuses fail once setup at the meet. It wouldn't hurt for everyone to have a few spare fuses tucked away.

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #33 of 128
Just pulled the trigger on the Nuforce Icon HDP and Sennheiser HD 650, so I'll be bringing those as well :).

- Dave

Aug 16, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #35 of 128
will anyone be bringing a balanced headphone amp to the meet?  if not, i'll probably leave the balanced k501 at home (i'm currently looking for another balanced amp after selling the gs-x).

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #39 of 128

I was going to bring mine as well. Also, would name tags be a good idea?  

It looks like I'll be bringing mor stuff as well. I just bought a pair of Denon D2000's w/diy markl mod's
and a Cryo Parts cable. I just built a Senn. cable using Jena wire and have just ordered more supplies
to build another Cardas Senn. cable, so we can do a little Senn. HD cable rolling. I'll bring the stock
cable as well.

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #40 of 128
Cool! We need more gear! I have contemplated modding my D2k's and wondered how the mods sounded. Does yours have the J$ pads? For my WA6, I have a pair of Shuguang CV181-Z Treasures on the way. I hope to have at least 200 hours burn-in before the meet.

IMO name tags are a must! I am pre-printing name tags and name cards for each table (to identify the gears owner).

Aug 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #42 of 128
Sounds good. It might be a good idea to have a few spares. Would you be interested in pre-printing the name tags for the holders? .

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #43 of 128
I'm really liking my new Nuforce Icon HDP and HD 650 combo (I'll post a pic below). It has exceeded my expectations and seems to be a pretty remarkable value. Its usb section is particularly impressive playing 24/96 HDTrack downloads. I just ordered a new laptop so I'll be bringing that to play 24/96 files to my HDP through foobar and wasapi output.

@funch - Awesome news that you are planning on bringing a few HD cables. I was actually just getting ready to post asking if anyone had an aftermarket cable they would be bringing. I'd be very interest in A/B comparisons of the stock cable.

I think name tags with both our head-fi user names and real first names would be really helpful. I'm planning on bringing my digital camera as well, although its just a consumer version.

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #44 of 128

Aug 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #45 of 128

Quote:
Sounds good. It might be a good idea to have a few spares. Would you be interested in pre-printing the name tags for the holders? .

Sure, no problem. I was thinking of putting the forum name on top, and the first name under that. Does that sound OK with everyone?

I don't have any kind of printing program, so it would just be in block letters, if that's OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back