Arizona Head-Fi Meet Summer 2015
Feb 4, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 173
I'm good with whatever venue works for everyone. Also any weekend should be fine for me. Can't wait! 
L3000.gif

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 173
To this meet I will be bringing my Manley LAB series 100 watt tube monoblocks, along with my recently acquired Grommes HA-600 headphone adapter (which allows said speaker amps to power headphones. Neat!). Also curious how the Manleys will treat HD800s... @roscoofyore, I'd like to compare the setup to your Grommes PHI-26, if you still have the amp. Would be awesome if you could bring it to the next meet! 

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 173
  To this meet I will be bringing my Manley LAB series 100 watt tube monoblocks, along with my recently acquired Grommes HA-600 headphone adapter (which allows said speaker amps to power headphones. Neat!). Also curious how the Manleys will treat HD800s... @roscoofyore, I'd like to compare the setup to your Grommes PHI-26, if you still have the amp. Would be awesome if you could bring it to the next meet! 

You sure those monoblocks will have enough juice?  Haha
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #6 of 173
  You sure those monoblocks will have enough juice?  Haha
biggrin.gif

Dude... it makes my Fostex sound oh so JUICY indeed. Especially now that I fixed a (not so) small channel frequency-imbalance that was present in my mods (brought to my attention further by @ibob4tacoz). Between the research done by various T50RP modders, some of my own experimentation, @funch's awesome cablework, and the good guys at AZ HiFi, I never knew these things could sound so good...

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 173
  I'm good with whatever venue works for everyone. Also any weekend should be fine for me. Can't wait! 
L3000.gif

Here's the thing, we were considering on moving to a room at the Central Phx library. The room is fairly spacious, a bit more than the one at Harmon library. The problem was that the room has no Wi-Fi, which I know a few members utilize. If this is not a problem however, we can consider this room. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #8 of 173
  Here's the thing, we were considering on moving to a room at the Central Phx library. The room is fairly spacious, a bit more than the one at Harmon library. The problem was that the room has no Wi-Fi, which I know a few members utilize. If this is not a problem however, we can consider this room. 

Hmm, the WiFi was nice to have, especially for stuff like Spotify.

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #12 of 173
Tempe looks good, if we have a member who is a resident. Otherwise, it could be pricey. 

I actually think that Harmon is a good site, so long as we get the large room. It's just off the freeway, it's centrally located, and it's easy to bring our stuff into.

The one downside there is the number of available tables. AFAIK, we used every table they had at the last meet. If we needed more, we would be out of luck
unless we brought our own. Personally I wouldn't mind bringing one, but not everyone can haul a big table. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #13 of 173
  The one downside there is the number of available tables. AFAIK, we used every table they had at the last meet. If we needed more, we would be out of luck
unless we brought our own. Personally I wouldn't mind bringing one, but not everyone can haul a big table. 

This is very true. 

subscribed.

Chris or Joe, have you considered the Tempe library? 

The library has two meeting rooms and a Cafe on site. The price structure for the rooms is much more attractive for Tempe residents. Does anyone live in Tempe?

Meeting room pricing

Library main level map

Library lower level map

They are a bit pricey, but it is worth a shot at checking out. I go to Tempe campus twice a week, so I can stop by there and check it out.

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #14 of 173
Tempe looks good, if we have a member who is a resident. Otherwise, it could be pricey. 

I actually think that Harmon is a good site, so long as we get the large room. It's just off the freeway, it's centrally located, and it's easy to bring our stuff into.

I do remember a couple people saying they might have a few tables they could bring. That, and I'm wondering if we couldn't arrange to have more tables if we asked the library ahead of time (the same day we reserve the room).

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #15 of 173

sure i can bring in the PHI-26.  it's sitting idle right now.  proper tables are a good idea, especially if turntables and phono-stages are involved.  in the past i have been reluctant to bring in the macintosh receiver/thorens turntable i had, the flimsy looking tables left me apprehensive.  do we have an official date yet?  if not i vote 'after' spring semester and before 'summer' semester starts, lol.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back