Arizona Head-Fi Meet Summer 2015
Mar 2, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #32 of 173

A larger venue is always welcome. I didn't realize you were considering moving to a larger venue! I am curious what fee is for the day? Does this fee include setup and cleanup fees? Are there other "hidden" fees hotels sometimes charge? Will they provide power distribution to all tables? I have one hotel in mind (in Scottsdale) at the time was very accommodating for the Arizona meets I had organized.

Considering the attendance we had last meet, and that we were using all the tables and space available at the location, we figured it was time for a move. The cost is $500 for the whole day, and tonight we will inquire about other possible fees. The total costs will be split between several of us (the majority of which will be the money we raised in the raffle last meet).

In any case, this is why we are going to charge about a $5 fee for those who wish to eat the food we will provide on-site. If you want to show up and pick up your own lunch elsewhere, that's fine too! Although I do believe we will place a limitation on bringing outside food into the room, for the sake of cleanliness among other things.

I called the hotel and sadly ownership and the event coordinator has changed. The current pricing structure is no longer reasonable. It was great while it lasted.

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #34 of 173
Anything within 30 min. of me (Phoenix area) is fine by me. Will the raffle be enough to fund the meet? Doesn't feel right leveraging any other costs to you guys.

No additional costs shall be leveraged except to cover food, for those that wish to have it; the raffle covers about half of the room cost (a little more), and Garage1217 has graciously offered to pay the rest so that you guys don't have to.

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #35 of 173
Another note on that above post: this is assuming we do indeed move to this hotel. In the event that we are unable to reserve the hotel conference room in time, we may stay at the library for one more meet and so food wood remain entirely complimentary (because the library is much cheaper, of course).

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #38 of 173
Okay fellow Head-Fi'ers: It seems there's more to reserving this hotel room than meets the eye. There are lots of questions that still need answers, and thus I believe the best move would be to stay at Harmon for one more meeting. As for the few issues we had last time: There is additional outlets in the ceiling, should we run low on plugs, and I do believe the table situation could be worked around (in the event we didn't quite have enough). As such, however, I will ask that a couple people bring extra tables if they have them.

I will reiterate: the Harmon Library is a Phoenix Public Library at about 5th Avenue and Buckeye. We have met there for the last three events, and they have met our needs very well. The lower cost of this location will of course bring about the return of a complimentary sub, and so food sign-up will not be necessary. yes, that means free food for all attendees!Let me know what you guys think! After this, myself and Destroysall will go ahead and reserve a date (likely in early June).

Mar 10, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #39 of 173
Kool. We just need to make sure that we get the same room we were in last time.

Two meets ago we were supposed to get the larger one but it ended up being used, so we were put in the smaller reading room.

Last meet we were scheduled in the small room but got the big one instead. 
blink.gif

Big room with kitchenette = better!

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #42 of 173
I missed the last meet and saw that it had a great turnout.  Hopefully I can attend this one!  I have some more goodies to bring this time.  
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #43 of 173
Do any sponsors come with gear/deals? Maybe local audio stores?

Phoenix is a bit of a slog for me, but I live in the middle of friggin' nowhere.

Also, if this is the room with no WiFi, do they have wired net? If they do, someone could bring a wifi router. 

Mar 28, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #44 of 173
Do any sponsors come with gear/deals? Maybe local audio stores?

Phoenix is a bit of a slog for me, but I live in the middle of friggin' nowhere.

Also, if this is the room with no WiFi, do they have wired net? If they do, someone could bring a wifi router. 

Garage1217 will be there, and HeadAmp was represented as well last meet. Further 'sponsors' for this coming meet are TBA.
As far as local retailers go.. well, the two important ones are always busy on Saturdays (AZ Hifi and A/V choices). Plus, vendors are not allowed to actually sell the merchandise on-site at the library. These things may very well change in the future, however, as we expand our venue. Again, this next meet will be held at the Harmon Library.

Speaking of which.. yes, the library does indeed have WiFi! :D

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #45 of 173
@Garage1217 will be there, and HeadAmp was represented as well last meet. Further 'sponsors' for this coming meet are TBA.
As far as local retailers go.. well, the two important ones are always busy on Saturdays (AZ Hifi and A/V choices). Plus, vendors are not allowed to actually sell the merchandise on-site at the library. These things may very well change in the future, however, as we expand our venue. Again, this next meet will be held at the Harmon Library.

Speaking of which.. yes, the library does indeed have WiFi!
biggrin.gif

What he said^ :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back