Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #46 of 90
Last time, someone brought a Beyerdynamic T1 that I neglected to try because I wasn't the hugest Beyer fan due to a bad case of Grado bias, as well as a total engrossment with the LCD-2. Now that my main (and currently my only) can is the DT990, I hope these show up again so that I can give them the listen they deserve.

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #47 of 90
I mentioned this meet to Garage1217 a while ago since they're based in Phoenix, but I see they haven't posted yet. Maybe someone actually involved with this meet should formally invite them, if it's not too late....
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #49 of 90
Not gonna be able to make it afterall, hopefully ill be free for the next one

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #50 of 90
Last time, someone brought a Beyerdynamic T1 that I neglected to try because I wasn't the hugest Beyer fan due to a bad case of Grado bias, as well as a total engrossment with the LCD-2. Now that my main (and currently my only) can is the DT990, I hope these show up again so that I can give them the listen they deserve.

I really liked the T1's out of my vintage amp. Was very impressed! Does anyone coming own the alpha dogs? I really would like to get my hands on those

Thanks,

:evil:

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #51 of 90
Here is the reply from Jeremy at Garage 1217:

Hello Allen,
          The heads up is very much appreciated! Unfortunatley my wife is having surgery on the 23rd so I will be home caring for her through the following week. I would love for you guys to check out some of my gear - happy to give it on loan prior to the meet for someone to take to the meet and play with. Always happy to help the local AZ enthusiast!

Anyone interested in doing the pick up? I would, but I'm way out east. Of course, I'm also retired, so I could still do it if no one else can.

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #52 of 90
Here is the reply from Jeremy at Garage 1217:

[COLOR=800000]Hello Allen,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][COLOR=800000]          The heads up is very much appreciated! Unfortunatley my wife is having surgery on the 23rd so I will be home caring for her through the following week. I would love for you guys to check out some of my gear - happy to give it on loan prior to the meet for someone to take to the meet and play with. Always happy to help the local AZ enthusiast![/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Anyone interested in doing the pick up? I would, but I'm way out east. Of course, I'm also retired, so I could still do it if no one else can.[/COLOR]
Where is he located?

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #55 of 90
So far the plan is for me to get four of Garage 1217's amps on Wednesday night for the meet Saturday. I'll get all but the Horizon.

If, like me, you've not heard of them, go here: http://www.garage1217.com/ Be sure to check out the manuals for each. They look to
be very well made, and reasonably priced.

Thanks to Asr for mentioning them.

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #56 of 90
I really liked the T1's out of my vintage amp. Was very impressed! Does anyone coming own the alpha dogs? I really would like to get my hands on those

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

I emailed Dan at Mr. Speakers last Friday to see if we can borrow a pair.. He got back to me Sunday and said that he would look to see if he had
any demo's on hand that he could send. I let you all know when he gets back to me.

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #58 of 90
Stoked to see if he can follow through for the meet! I was looking at a pair of Alpha Dogs until he announced the Alpha Prime! Would be excited to listen to whatever he sends!

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #59 of 90
As much pain as it is causing me, I am going to have to drop out. Homecoming plans changed. I *will* make the next meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back