Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014
Sep 12, 2014 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

Destroysall

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello everybody! So after countless amounts of failed efforts and being held back by the heavy chains of life, it's time we step back from reality and hold a Head-Fi meet. We will be meeting on Saturday, October 25th. DETAILS BELOW.

Harmon Library
1325 S. 5th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85007

Time:

9:00a - 4:00p

Meeting Room Guidelines (PLEASE READ) → http://www.phoenixpubliclibrary.org/ServicesForYou/Meeting-Rooms/Pages/Meeting-.aspx
NO FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED (Water Bottles are an exception).

The meeting room is located right behind the front desk. Just inform the front desk that you need to enter the Main Meeting Room.

Library book carts are available for use, just ask the front desk and they will help you.

I heavily encourage people to bring power surges (as many as you can), RCA cables, LOD adapters, extension cords, etc. THERE ARE A SMALL AMOUNT OF OUTLETS AND THEY ARE SCATTERED, SO BRINGING MORE POWER SURGES AND EXTENSION CORDS WILL HELP!!! :)

Any how, I look forward to meeting everyone there and I can't wait to hear some great equipment! If you guys like, you can share what it is you will bring. I'm bringing whatever is in my signature along with a laptop or CD player.

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #3 of 90

Added the date in the post, but it is also in the thread's title.
wink_face.gif

Sep 13, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #4 of 90
Bumpitty bump bump. Gonna bring some Schiit to the meet (Sys and Asgard 2, possibly more stuff too, but that's not for certain), newly revised T50RP mod, HD25 with velour pads. My source of choice is yet to be decided... Turntable again perhaps? Cmon people, spread the word! 

Best thing ever happens on October 25th in Phoenix, AZ!

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #6 of 90
Sweet! I'm in! I just sent my Q701's in for repair but I'll bring my O2 and some ety's. Hopefully my AKG's will be back by then.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hopefully! I still haven't heard a single pair of Q701s (or K701s for that matter) in my ... career?.. hah. I'm trying to decide what I should bring... 

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #9 of 90
My head-fi selection is limited at the moment, but I could bring my Panamax M5300-pm for anyone wanting/needing a cleaner power source.
Got some cables and vinyl I could bring (if anyone wants to provide a turntable and phono)
And I've got a little Bravo V2 I could bring for schiits and gigs (puns intended):p

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #10 of 90
Sounds like fun, but I'm heading to RMAF and CanJam just a few weeks before. Considering Denver is 6 hours from me and Phoenix is 8, I'm gonna forgo the phoenix trip. Have fun!

Sep 13, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #11 of 90
I'm bringing most of what its in my profile, except for the phono stuff. Too much of a pain.

The following is for sale, so if any of it sells before the meet, then, well ..... .  If I do still have any of it, and you want it, we can do a deal.
It will have to be off-site of the library though,  due to their rules of use.

LCD2's, rosewood, w/fazor mod: $925

Beta 22, 2 channel: $475

Bijou: $400

Sony 555ES CD changer, mod'ed: $340

Gamma 2 DAC w/end panels, Sigma 25 power supply: $250

Sep 13, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #12 of 90
Not 100% sure I will be able to make it yet, but I will know for sure at least a week before the meet.

If I do come I will be bringing:

Source:

Laptop + USB/SPDIF converter (XMOS based)
Benchmark DAC1

Amp:

Singlepower MPX3 maxxed out, unfortunately the unit is still running off of 220V so for now I will bring a voltage converter for it unless I have time to open it up and switch a few wires around.

Headphones:

Grado SR325i
Sony MDR-SA5000

Sep 14, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #14 of 90
My head-fi selection is limited at the moment, but I could bring my Panamax M5300-pm for anyone wanting/needing a cleaner power source.
Got some cables and vinyl I could bring (if anyone wants to provide a turntable and phono)
And I've got a little Bravo V2 I could bring for schiits and gigs (puns intended):p

I can bring my Project Debut Carbon and ClearAudio nanophono. I would have a better phono stage, but I had to place my money elsewhere :frowning2: (sorry funch)

Oh and clean power would be nice, I have a Furman 8x^2 however it is rack mount and would be a pain to bring haha

Sep 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #15 of 90
I can bring my Project Debut Carbon and ClearAudio nanophono. I would have a better phono stage, but I had to place my money elsewhere :frowning2: (sorry funch)

Oh and clean power would be nice, I have a Furman 8x^2 however it is rack mount and would be a pain to bring haha

I'd love to hear your Project setup! I was looking into doing a custom enclosure for a 1.3 so hearing the Debut Carbon may satisfy my craving until my wallet can handle the punch lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back