Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th, 2015
Jan 19, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #241 of 327
This meet is shaping up nicely! Looking forward to seeing acquaintances from prior meets and meeting new folks. I do hope the outlets have greater than 15A circuit breakers! Is anyone bringing a long extension cord in case we need to start fishing for outlets on separate circuits?

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #243 of 327
This meet is shaping up nicely! Looking forward to seeing acquaintances from prior meets and meeting new folks. I do hope the outlets have greater than 15A circuit breakers! Is anyone bringing a long extension cord in case we need to start fishing for outlets on separate circuits?

I believe each outlet is capable of doing 20A. So we should be ok. Hopefully... I don't think I'll bring my system in this case just so I can share the space with others.

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #244 of 327

I have a couple of old outdoor extension cables. They're pretty long but sorta sketchy. I guess I could just throw them in my truck and we can use them if we have to.

This Saturday guys! The countdown begins.

So pumped! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #247 of 327
  Cool looking meet venue.  I wonder how they do the HCAV for that gallery space though.  Probably floor diffusers?

They have a fully functional HCAV within the library. So its really clean and completely functional. Richard Bauer did the design, which is heavily Bauhaus influenced. http://www.richard-bauer.com/?project=harmon-library

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #248 of 327
  I s'pose I should list what I'm bringing:

Decware CSP2+/Taboo II combo w/DIY upgraded parts

Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2

M2 Tech Hi Face EVO USB to SPDIF converter w/DIY Sigma 11 PS (new from last meet)

Sennheiser HD800 (DIY Cardas cable, balanced with 1/4" and 1/8" adapters)

Audeze LCD-3 (ditto above)

Hi Fi M8/iPod Classic

DIY 'Plastic Pantz' (T50RP drivers)

PS Audio Power Plant Premier

Wonderful stuff.
Since you will bring the ppp, I think I don't need to bring my p5. It's a 24kg monster...
confused_face.gif

To anyone else monitoring this thread and still on the fence about attending...my advice is jump in.. get your self, gear and come on down to hang out with the AZ gang.. This will be just my third meet, but I am here to tell you the "everyone" treated me like a long lost friend , even during my first visit...  Remember , we are all there to brag, show off and generally share this passion we all have for "the music" and the only way you are going to be part of that is to show up

So, what you gonna do??

See you there,, oh yeah I forgot to say I would be there

Will bring my usual stuff.. Sennheiser HD 598 , PSB M4U2 and a few cheapy headphones for grins..
My Schiit stack.. Modi and Magni
IBasso DX50 and some really old music for you youngsters
and the latest toy  Ifi IDSD nano

and some electrical stuff so we have some power options (surge strips, extension cords )

Very interested in the Modi and Magni combo, I'm always curious to know why it's such a popular choice in head-fi.

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #252 of 327

They have a fully functional HCAV within the library. So its really clean and completely functional. Richard Bauer did the design, which is heavily Bauhaus influenced. http://www.richard-bauer.com/?project=harmon-library

Thanks for the link - very slick building indeed.  

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #253 of 327
I thought you were guns day that you were only excited for the sammich.

Well, when we went to purchase the sammich, myself and Destroysall WERE fantasizing about eating said sammich... 3 days from now.

On that note, I'd like to add that lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, and mayo will be on the side. So you will pick and chose your supplementary ingredients!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back