Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th, 2015
Jan 15, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #181 of 327
  To anyone else monitoring this thread and still on the fence about attending...my advice is jump in.. get your self, gear and come on down to hang out with the AZ gang.. This will be just my third meet, but I am here to tell you the "everyone" treated me like a long lost friend , even during my first visit...  Remember , we are all there to brag, show off and generally share this passion we all have for "the music" and the only way you are going to be part of that is to show up

I couldn't have said it better, Don! Thank you for your support! :)

Here's a few question/comments regarding a few things:

- Would everyone be fine with a Turkey Breast sub from Subway? I am considering on ordering the 6 foot sub that could feet at least 25 people since that is the usual attendance number and if not many show up, you are welcomed to seconds!! I was thinking that along with some greens? If this is fine, please mention any potential allergies so I can make the order work. If this does not fly, we can always do Pizza as well. Please let me know!

- We are heavily considering on doing a giveaway, since a few members have expressed the interest in giving donations. I think this would be a nice thing to do and perhaps may even turn out fun. The prize hasn't been decided upon, but I would think it can range anywhere from music to audio gear? We can do a $3 raffle for it? All the proceeds would go into reserving the room for the next following meet. If this is okay with everyone, please say so.

Other than that. I can't wait to see everyone there!

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #184 of 327
Both raffle and food are fine with me. 

So what time are we all planning on showing up? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #187 of 327
Cool looking meet venue.  I wonder how they do the HCAV for that gallery space though.  Probably floor diffusers?

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #188 of 327
Looking forward to attending this time around :)

I will be bringing...

Project Amplifiers:
- Starlight
- Sunrise III
- Horizon III
- Ember
- Polaris
- Solstice (new release)

Headphones:
- AKG 7XX
- Sennheiser HD650
- Fostex T50RP DBV3 modded
- HiFiMAN HE560
- Lightly modded Audio Technica ATH-M50 / non X
- Phillips Fidelio X2 (if returned from loan out in time)

Source with selector:
- Teac CD-H750 (excellent compact little thing)

I will also bring along a few tube testers in case anyone would like to test what they have or simply learn how to use one. Will bring a B&K 700 or 707 and possibly a precision apparatus 912 if anyone needs to test old rectifiers / old(er) tubes. Possibly one of the heathkits or other testers I have as well.

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #190 of 327
Looking forward to attending this time around :)

I will be bringing...

Project Amplifiers:
- Starlight
- Sunrise III
- Horizon III
- Ember
- Polaris
- Solstice (new release)

Headphones:
- AKG 7XX
- Sennheiser HD650
- Fostex T50RP DBV3 modded
- HiFiMAN HE560
- Lightly modded Audio Technica ATH-M50 / non X
- Phillips Fidelio X2 (if returned from loan out in time)

Source with selector:
- Teac CD-H750 (excellent compact little thing)

I will also bring along a few tube testers in case anyone would like to test what they have or simply learn how to use one!

I'll be glad to be there with a full complement of gear from HeadAmp, including the BHSE/009 setup!

Fantastic! Can't wait to listen!

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #193 of 327
So, who's bringing IEMs?

I can bring mine:
Sony MDR-7550
Hifiman RE-600
Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear
Marshall Mode EQ
Ultimate Ears UE 900

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #194 of 327
Wow.. just seems like this meet is gathering lotsa steam as we get closer ..  as for the questions about food and raffle.. whatever you guys wanna do is always ok with me.. please let me know whatever I can do to make this the best AZ meet

Don J

Again.. come on out and enjoy and bring a friend..the more the merrier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back