Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th, 2015
Jan 13, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #166 of 327
  I would definitely wear a hat like that
I'm quite sure that I will be the youngest audiophile there
I am pretty new to audio, I've only had this hobby for around a year
and I'm 17, still in high school

wink_face.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #167 of 327
LOL What was the offer?? I don't remember!! 

I have been looking at the K712 tho... The one I heard at the meet reminded me of the HD700 but with more kick. Very nice mix 

And yes I have the bug!! The T1 we heard a few meets ago Chris was pretty special wasn't it! Not at all what I was expecting. 

So I would have to say the K712 and the T1 would be my top two 

Oh and price I'm looking to spend it $600 and under. More the under lol not really wanting to spend that much unless I find a stupid good deal on something. 

Thanks,

:evil:

I still haven't heard the T1, because I was clueless when it was present :frowning2: sad day, I'll go to my Schiit corner now

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #168 of 327
I s'pose I should list what I'm bringing:

Decware CSP2+/Taboo II combo w/DIY upgraded parts

Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2

M2 Tech Hi Face EVO USB to SPDIF converter w/DIY Sigma 11 PS (new from last meet)

Sennheiser HD800 (DIY Cardas cable, balanced with 1/4" and 1/8" adapters)

Audeze LCD-3 (ditto above)

Hi Fi M8/iPod Classic

DIY 'Plastic Pantz' (T50RP drivers)

PS Audio Power Plant Premier

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #169 of 327

I'd personally vouch for something from the Beyerdynamic Tesla line. Both their T 1 and the T 90 look so inviting. Definitely would love to hear those. Heard the T 1 a few meets back and it was marvelous!

I can second this recommendation, actually. Thinking about T90s and eventually a T1 for myself somewhere down the line, but I have to take care of my vinyl and speaker rig first.

Also of note: I decided to get the Teac UD-H01 DAC instead of the Parasound Zdac. I will be bringing this along with my recently acquired Ultrasone Proline 2500 headphones, and my SX-780 will also be making a return to add more vintage flavor
smily_headphones1.gif
need to get my hands on some DeoxIt though...

EDIT: and yes, I will still be bringing the X2 and vinyl rig :p

SECOND NOTE TO ALL ATTENDEES: I have been alerted that some pre - super bowl events will also be starting on the 24th. All coming from the north or west, keep this in mind, as traffic may or may not be cooperative. Not sure which roads will be blocked off yet, but I know it will be somewhere around Jefferson.

I'm coming from the west side so thanks for the heads up! I can take MC85 all the way there so I should hopefully be able to avoid the crazy

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #171 of 327

LOL What was the offer?? I don't remember!! 

I have been looking at the K712 tho... The one I heard at the meet reminded me of the HD700 but with more kick. Very nice mix 

And yes I have the bug!! The T1 we heard a few meets ago Chris was pretty special wasn't it! Not at all what I was expecting. 

So I would have to say the K712 and the T1 would be my top two 

Oh and price I'm looking to spend it $600 and under. More the under lol not really wanting to spend that much unless I find a stupid good deal on something. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

It indeed was!!! I thought the T90 would bounce around your price range a bit more and it's from the same line as the T1.

I s'pose I should list what I'm bringing:

Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2

M2 Tech Hi Face EVO USB to SPDIF converter w/DIY Sigma 11 PS (new from last meet)

DIY 'Plastic Pantz' (T50RP drivers)

PS Audio Power Plant Premier

Allen, it seems we have a lot of tube amps going to be present for the most part. Including your Decware, I can surely say I am excited! :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #172 of 327
I'm bringing my Schiit Vali so that will add to the tube amps! Well the tube in there is so small it's more of a "fuse" amp lol

Thanks

:evil:

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #174 of 327
  Hello! This will be my first meet I've ever attended. Is it ok if I don't bring anything? I'm just looking to audition the headphones that are there
smily_headphones1.gif

Insatiable One.. I see in your signature you have the Ibasso DX90,  I have the Ibasso DX50, would love to hear that model if you still haven't sold it by the time of the meet

See you there

Don J

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #175 of 327
Well just got the go ahead from work, looks like I'll be making the trip down from Vegas to be there. I'm not sure I will be bring anything but if i do I will most likely bring my Philips Fidelio X2 and my portable amps: Fiio E12A, Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II, Cayin C5. Thinking about bring my IEMs too.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #176 of 327
To anyone else monitoring this thread and still on the fence about attending...my advice is jump in.. get your self, gear and come on down to hang out with the AZ gang.. This will be just my third meet, but I am here to tell you the "everyone" treated me like a long lost friend , even during my first visit...  Remember , we are all there to brag, show off and generally share this passion we all have for "the music" and the only way you are going to be part of that is to show up

So, what you gonna do??

See you there,, oh yeah I forgot to say I would be there

Will bring my usual stuff.. Sennheiser HD 598 , PSB M4U2 and a few cheapy headphones for grins..
My Schiit stack.. Modi and Magni
IBasso DX50 and some really old music for you youngsters
and the latest toy  Ifi IDSD nano

and some electrical stuff so we have some power options (surge strips, extension cords )

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #177 of 327
Well just got the go ahead from work, looks like I'll be making the trip down from Vegas to be there. I'm not sure I will be bring anything but if i do I will most likely bring my Philips Fidelio X2 and my portable amps: Fiio E12A, Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II, Cayin C5. Thinking about bring my IEMs too.

Woohoo! Glad you could get the go ahead. It's portable amp central you got there, I'll be eagerly awaiting a chance to listen! It also appears I've met a fellow X2 user. Good thing perhaps, seeing that many of our regular attendees are anxious to hear them. A bit less than a mere week and a half until the 24th!

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #178 of 327
To anyone else monitoring this thread and still on the fence about attending...my advice is jump in.. get your self, gear and come on down to hang out with the AZ gang.. This will be just my third meet, but I am here to tell you the "everyone" treated me like a long lost friend , even during my first visit...  Remember , we are all there to brag, show off and generally share this passion we all have for "the music" and the only way you are going to be part of that is to show up

So, what you gonna do??

See you there,, oh yeah I forgot to say I would be there

Will bring my usual stuff.. Sennheiser HD 598 , PSB M4U2 and a few cheapy headphones for grins..
My Schiit stack.. Modi and Magni
IBasso DX50 and some really old music for you youngsters
and the latest toy  Ifi IDSD nano

and some electrical stuff so we have some power options (surge strips, extension cords )

It's been a blast having regular attendees like yourself to our meets. It wouldn't be sustainable without you guys! Looking forward to this next one, super jazzed.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #179 of 327

That Decware and LCD-3, though. Such beauty, glory, and magnificence. Someone listen to it for me, alright? Or rather, do yourselves all a favor, and everyone listen to it.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #180 of 327
i can haul in my grommes tube amp if anyone wants a listen.  as well as the bluenote koala tubed cd player, which sounds just fantastic.  and whatever headphones i can dig up.  lcd2, hd650, K702 and the grado 325is if i ever get them back from my unruly niece.   anyway.  roger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back