Are You Watching Soccer World Cup?
Jun 19, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #106 of 148
France should have been award the second goal. The keeper was totally inside the line...so now France might face elimination on the next game. I have to credit the Korean team for their offense though. Very impressive. Still can't believe how much better is Asian football is now.

Jun 19, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #107 of 148
S.Korea has had their fair share of luck this tourney but they are making a strong showing - I think they're really showing last WC was no fluke. France really lost momentum and let them back in that game, and those players getting cards are going to cost them bigtime their next game.

Jun 19, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #108 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
today i was at the convention center....right accross the ally, in the staples center, was a huge crowd of teenagers wearing red t-shirts...... Korean hooligans

I heard 20000 koreans were there cheering for the home team.

Jun 19, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #109 of 148
A little bit off topic but

May I suggest changing the title to Football World Cup?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #110 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
A little bit off topic but

May I suggest changing the title to Football World Cup?
very_evil_smiley.gif

There's a football world cup???
tongue.gif

Jun 19, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #111 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpm2000
S.Korea has had their fair share of luck this tourney but they are making a strong showing - I think they're really showing last WC was no fluke. France really lost momentum and let them back in that game, and those players getting cards are going to cost them bigtime their next game.

I think that France was holding back on purpose. You could see how they all switched to a higher gear once the Koreans got that goal in. However, Korea does deserve kudos for holding up. However, that goal was definitely in...

As for the US team and the Italians, I think the Yanks should be proud of their team, playing 9 v 10 versus the Italians and breaking even. The fist US red was unwarrented, a yellow would have done it. All in all, the referees for both matches sucked really bad. I hope they don't get to judge a match of any real importance in the future.

Jun 20, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #112 of 148
If you want to feel like being right there
at World Cup watch Spanish channels: Univision, Telefutura, ...!
When they score goal it's:
igooooooooooooooooooooool for a long time!
It's incredible!
There's a Brazilian commentator who can scream GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
for more than One minute. I have forgotten for how long!

Adam
580smile.gif

Jun 20, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #113 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia
It's incredible!

Adam
580smile.gif

Wow, Adam I am usaually annoyed of you, but this the most intelligent thing you've said!!!!
biggrin.gif
I agree BTW, I hate english speaking commentators.

Jun 20, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #114 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia
It's incredible!

Adam
580smile.gif

I get annoyed with those guys. I guess when you only score a few points in a game, you have to make a big deal out of it, but Canadian hockey commentators contain themselves. But if you guys like it, that's cool. I will stick with the english channels, I hear enough spanish when I go to the grocery store...

Jun 20, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #115 of 148
spain's 3-1 victory over Tunisia has shown how important is it to have veterans in the team...a good team is one that has a mix of young and old players...and for gods sake make Puyol the captain!

Jun 28, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #116 of 148
Today is the first day without any game in world Cup!
Eighteen days of games without interruption!
I was watching all games except for those played simultaneously.
But I watched Italy - Czech Rep. and France - Korea Rep. both taped.
So I watched 48 - 6 = 42 games in all groups.
Then we all watched Eight games in Round of 16.
So I watched 42 + 8 = 50 games!

How many games have You watched?

Adam
580smile.gif

Jun 28, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #117 of 148
Some...

Jun 28, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #118 of 148
I watched 80% of the weekends games. I wished I recorded Brazi v.s. Ghana yesterday.

Jun 29, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #120 of 148
:..( no more oranje in the cup. The Dutch got robbed with what should have been a penalty on Robben, but boths sides descended into ugly ugly sportsmanship.

van Basten should have put RVN into the game. alas. I'm still holding out hope for Euro 2008. Maybe then Robben will have learned only to ask for cards when there is an actual foul and him and van Persie will learn to share (even if he can embarass defenders three at a time). Kuyt might also become a more consistent danger if he gets experience in the premier league.

HUP! HOLLAND! .... sob... sob...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back