Are You Watching Soccer World Cup?
Jun 17, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #91 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
USA vs. Italy -- some of the worst officiating i have ever seen. what a joke.

QFT. I now remember why I do not like this sport as much as others. Dives much? The Italians were on the ground most of the match. Really sad.

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #93 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
The second place team advances in this group will face Brazil in the round of 16, so either way US will not go as far as they did last time.

There are always miracles in sports. We have pulled them off before. Not that I think we can actually beat anyone let alone Brazil.

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #94 of 148
if US advance, I suggest all US fans who are going to the Brazil game to wear Red Sox jerseys.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #95 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
QFT. I now remember why I do not like this sport as much as others. Dives much? The Italians were on the ground most of the match. Really sad.

Ditto. That's why I can't stand watching Italian League football on FSC........they are on the ground all the time...nancy boys!

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #96 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
if US advance, I suggest all US fans who are going to the Brazil game to wear Red Sox jerseys.
biggrin.gif

Red Sox? They suck though. Go Yankees!
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #98 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
Yes Yankee's.
icon10.gif

I think they show a sign that says "Go Home Yankees" on one of the commercials. I know the Brits call us Yanks at least. I live in Boston but am from NJ. Yankees for life!

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #100 of 148
GO BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 18, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #101 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
USA vs. Italy -- some of the worst officiating i have ever seen. what a joke.

x2. The Italian red card was obviously deserved, but I am of the opinion that the Italian fans are the only people in the world that thought the americans deserved those red cards... And what a sad offsides! What was he thinking...

Jun 18, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #102 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
Yes Yankee's.
icon10.gif

My, how far this thread has fallen...
tongue.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #103 of 148
The Italian red card was attrocious, he should be banned for a number of games by FIFA. The USA first sending off was debateable, but it was a very bad challenge. Possible career ender. The second US red card was justified. It was a yellow card offence. Im not a fan of the way the Italians play football. A fair result in the end i think. The second goal that the US scored was offside. The player was interfeing with play in an offside position, obstructing the goalkeepers view. Thats my take on it anyway.

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:48 AM Post #104 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
Ditto. That's why I can't stand watching Italian League football on FSC........they are on the ground all the time...nancy boys!

I think the only way to tighten this up is to give yellow and red cards to players who dive around the box...and to not award kicks to those who fake dives outside the box. PLAY ON!

This is perhaps one of the more noble aspects of the American team and some African teams: their lack of experience in European clubs renders them naive to the notion of faking injury to gain an advantage.

Perhaps if they dove more, they'd win more, though :/ .

Jun 18, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #105 of 148
today i was at the convention center....right accross the ally, in the staples center, was a huge crowd of teenagers wearing red t-shirts...... Korean hooligans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back