Are you happy with your setup?
Dec 4, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #16 of 37
Almost. I need to Fitz Mod my Darkvoice, put my DAC in a case, and then I'm done.

Maybe
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't been happy with my setup since she slept with my best friend.

That's why you should never outfit your audio equipment with sex organs

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #18 of 37
I'm happier with my current setup than previous ones. But I still have a bit of upgraditis. There's also many headphones I still want to try.

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 37
For the price tag, I highly doubt that you could beat my current setup. If you could, you would have to be some sort of miracle worker with serious DIY skills.

That said, I am always tweaking, so I guess it is no...but I couldn't be happier with the enjoyment factor. Not every tweak is an improvement though...
frown.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #21 of 37
When my DAC will get here maybe.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really
frown.gif

Don't tell me you don't like the DacMagic + Little Dot MVI!

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #22 of 37
Nope- I still want speakers.

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #24 of 37
My system has a looooong way to go, but I don't have the funds to make even baby steps at this point. I am, however, more than satisfied. The alternative is to stop listening to music, and that will never happen.

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still haven't got my dream phones.
frown.gif

Please tell us what you find missing from the ones you've got
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #26 of 37
I have been satisfied for the past couple years, not saying I will always feel good about the system, but under the circumstances, I don't plan on changing for a while.

I am talking about the spkr system, my headphone system is severally lacking.

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That said, I am always tweaking, so I guess it is no...but I couldn't be happier with the enjoyment factor. Not every tweak is an improvement though...
frown.gif

i heard it many times here but i guess you have to been there to really know.

my portable setup, i guess a "simple" setup, a hornet(which i don't have but heard many many times) and a super fi pro(which i have and love) would be good enough but i "wanted" to try something "better" so i ended up with a sr71a and triple fi. not bad but i like a hornet/super fi pro combo more.

home setup, very similar to my portable situation. i love my darkvoice 337 and dt990 pro setup. i guess a dt990/600 would do but i wanted to try something "better" or different again before i "commit" to dt990 so i tried both hd600/650.

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #28 of 37
The late discovery of 'stats jolted me out of complacency, but since working that out, I haven't been focused on upgrades. I think in that sense I'm done. I do though occasionally contemplate lateral moves to try something out or general practical considerations (size - ex. recent Duet purchase). Course 50% off sales are always tempting. So happy and kinda done. Price more than anything made me content. Really have no interest spending what I think I'd need to jump again. Plus disliking the O2s with any rig has its advantages.
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #29 of 37
Happy yes, but that don't say that it ends here..
smile.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please tell us what you find missing from the ones you've got
smily_headphones1.gif

Something hi-end, elegant looking and most importantly, discontinued
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back