Are you happy with your setup?
Dec 4, 2008 at 8:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

928GTS

500+ Head-Fier
Sure we're always looking for the next upgrade, the next pair of headphones, the next set of tubes to roll and what have you but can you say that atleast at the current moment that you're happy with your setup and how it sounds right now?

Personally I think my Hi-Fi RT-6P13P has absolutely wonderful synergy with my MDR-V6's and it has really come alive after swapping out the Chinese tubes for some 1976 vintage Reflektor 6P13S's and 1985 vintage JAN-Phillips 6SJ7WGT's. I think it does a great job presenting a pretty neutral picture of the recordings I listen to as well as giving great soundstage, presence and detail. I think the next step will be little things like a good IC from BlueJean cable and a Jellyfish power cord. I'll keep buying tubes to roll with and eventually I'll pick up a second pair of headphones to have alongside the MDR's.

Dec 4, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #3 of 37
I have a very nice pair of electrostatic headphones that are perfectly equalized to flat for my ears. The amplifier is nearly ready to die, but once I replace it, I will probably keep this same setup until the headphones themselves simply break down. I am completely satisfied.

Yes, I am finished.

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 37
Yes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #5 of 37
I still have a long way to go, with my next piece of the puzzle being Westone 3's, followed by some sort of home-amp and a home-use source (Yet to be determined).

I also want Edition 9s and HD650s, but that can wait. Portable system gets priority since its the one I use the most.

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #6 of 37
New source ( working on it ) plus some good closed back ( ATH W5000 or something ) and I am done with headphones, so, yes I am happy...
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 37
No i am not.

i want a good amp..mainly a tube amp...then i need to recable..then i need good pair of interconnects..and then i need a better DAC which has a preamp mode.

long journey.

oh ya and then after all that ..i ll need a pair of Active speakers as well.

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #9 of 37
Hopefully my new interconnects will complete my setup. And then, I will consider getting a better amplifier next year. But I'm happy with my current setup.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #10 of 37
Im in betwen setups so i'm currently not happy with mine but I was, and will be evcen moreso once OI get my new equipement.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #13 of 37
Yes. I am very happy with my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back