ARE YOU A (HEADPHONE) POLYGAMIST?
Apr 5, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #31 of 57
Call me boring (and I probably am), but I tend to use one set of cans per setup only, even if not necessarily the same ones forever. Luckily I don't need to get divorced from cans, I can just throw 'em into a drawer...
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #32 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I've got a new pair of speakers (MBL 101E) which I just can't get enough listening time with. They are simply blowing me away with life like dymanics, imaging, and impact, and yet have almost headphone-like resolution.

Oh my!!!! I'd be surprised if they weren't blowing you away. What kind of amp do you feed those hungry puppies with?

I'm still loyal to my month old DT-880's, but I really haven't had the time to meet any other beauties yet.

Apr 5, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #34 of 57
I have a zoo of things...

portable setup if on a loud mode of transportation: ER-6i
portable setup if at home, in study lounge, or if I just don't feel like using ER-6i's for the day: UE super.fi 3
computer setup when I want to relax: DT880
computer setup when I want something balanced: K701
computer setup when I don't want such large things on my ears: HD555

Having said that, I'm wearing a pair of MDR-CD900ST (no, not the earbuds, but the professional studio monitor headphones) right now as I'm typing this...

Apr 5, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
An "harem" for me as well:

- Stax SR-007 Omega II
- AKG K701
- AKG K1000
- Koss KSC-35

A harem huh, yeah if you can call Angelina Jolie, Milla Jovovich, Charlize Theron and Rene Zellweger just a harem! At least you've got one "girl next door" in there!

Apr 5, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #36 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
A harem huh, yeah if you can call Angelina Jolie, Milla Jovovich, Charlize Theron and Rene Zellweger just a harem! At least you've got one "girl next door" in there!

LOL. Actually, the "girl next door" (KSC-35's) is the one that get used the most often.

Apr 5, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #37 of 57
I used to be more or less loyal to my one and only love, the HD 650... but nowadays I can't decide between four cans...

...my two electrostats, which currently are getting most attention (new old love!)...
...close second is the K 701...
...and third my good old HD 650.

Apr 5, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #39 of 57
Started out as a monogamous but that quickly ended within a matter of a few weeks and now I'm a headphone polygamist. Theres just so much out there and each offering different sound qualitities and fun that it's impossible for me to be just commited to one. I can have my cake and eat it too.
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #40 of 57
I've got several different sets of headphones, but only one I'd really consider myself married to (the DT770). The others are nice to have around, and get regular use even, but are all expendable/replaceable.

Apr 5, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #41 of 57
Well I just started listening to headphones in January so I have not built up the harem I would like yet, but I am enjoying getting to know the ladies.

Sennheiser HD-650
AKG K-701
AKG K-340
Sony MDR SA-5000
Audio-Technica ATH-A900
Grado SR-225
Grado SR-60

Apr 5, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #43 of 57
I'm poly. I love my headphones all for different reasons. There is no reason why I should just pick one.

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #44 of 57
I own several headpones; the L3000 are my main cans and get virtually all of the "critical listening" headphone time. If I'm at the computer or at work I'll just use RS1's or PortaPros, but the L3000 is the only headphone I'd cry for if she turned up missing one day. Breathed a big sigh of relief that the robbers - who took one of my W2002's - passed up the L3000.

Used to be a headphone polygamist; around this time last year I was totally undecided between the RS2, HD650, HP2, K1000, and K340. The L3000 solved that
biggrin.gif
I'd still like to have an HP2 for a different flavor now and then, but it wouldn't share equal time.

My girlfriend get jealous of my affection for the Tannoy Eyris speakers, but she should be equally worried about the L3000
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #45 of 57
The hot new wife - Omega II
Recently Divorced - SR202
High maintenance affair - Float 2
Flirty barlady - PX100
Restraining order - iBuds

Curious thing though, since marrying my new wife, I havent really seen much of her. Must be because of those hot twins (my speakers) who are takign up all of my personal attention at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back